Thread: How do i believe what i am told

How do i believe what i am told

Been looking in my mouth again in the mirror and noticed on my left tonsil a tiny pink / flesh coloured bump or pimply looking thing, only about 1mm, it is hard to spot as it is at the bottom of the tonsil, i went to the dentist today fearing the worse as usual, she took one look at the area and said it all just looks normal, i said i was worried she wasn't looking in the right place, so she gave me a mirror and something to point with and i actually touched the thing with her looking, she said that it's all lumpy bumpy there and all perfectly normal, i said did you specifically see what i am reffering to, but she just said she can't see anything she is concerned about, why is it so hard to get them to say yes they can see the actual thing, i suppose the fact that she is looking means that the thing i am worrying about doesn't stand out as anything to her eye. So how do i forget about it, do i take her word for it, once i know something is there it's hard to ignore it.

Re: How do i believe what i am told

I would take her word for it Ande.

I don't have tonsils as I had mine removed when I was young so I can't really be specific except say that they would have noticed something, I know when I went to the dentist a month ago all she had to do was see my tongue and she knew something was wrong.

Try and put a little trust in her, it's hard but I know you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Ande View Post
    ....she gave me a mirror and something to point with and i actually touched the thing with her looking, she said that it's all lumpy bumpy there and all perfectly normal, i said did you specifically see what i am reffering to, but she just said she can't see anything she is concerned about... how do i forget about it, do i take her word for it
    Yes, because she's a trained professional that looked directly at what you were worried about and didn't see anything of concern.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLiuna View Post
    I would take her word for it Ande.

I don't have tonsils as I had mine removed when I was young so I can't really be specific except say that they would have noticed something, I know when I went to the dentist a month ago all she had to do was see my tongue and she knew something was wrong.

Try and put a little trust in her, it's hard but I know you can do it

yes your probably right, i find it hard to do, i'm starting therapy again next week but i don't think it's gonna make much difference. I'm sorry to hear your having problems, i hope it's nothing serious.

Oh no don't be sorry. Basically I had a frilly tongue, which I hadn't even noticed whilst checking my mouth before. It was only caused by too much teeth grinding/clenching,

My point is they managed to pick up on something as quick as they saw my tongue, You took the care to even show her your point of concern and she wasn't worried about it so you shouldn't be too!

Yes i did, your right, i get that thing around my tongue too, just where you teeth press into your tongue.

Thread Information