Thread: Wise words about symptoms of HA

Wise words about symptoms of HA

Hi All,

I had a pretty rubbish day yesterday with the anxiety but in light of all that my fiancé had some pretty wise words - well explanation!

I am hoping if can help you to!

He said how do you feel well you are truly distracted - and I said I don't know.
    Now that's a good thing! Because for a start I don't feel unwell and it shows how it does fall down to anxiety.

For example at the gym yesterday - when he was giving me the induction and I had to pay attention to what he was saying I was using machines for the first time and throughout the process I felt fine. Now as soon as that induction finished and I gave my mind a chance to think 'freely' I started getting dizzy.... and this continued whilst in the shower. Now as soon as I had to pay attention again to something - which was doing my makeup and hair the symptoms calmed down...

I tried to put this into practise so went to Asda with a shopping list and made it my challenge to find things on my shopping list I wouldn't normally buy in 15mins.. Now rather than thinking ah good god I am in Asda this makes me dizzy I was to busy running around trying to find items that by the time I finished I realised I made the whole trip with hardly any wobbly legs or dizzy sensation!

I just wondered how other people feel when there genuinely distracted and hope the above can help

I know though that when you do feel bad its difficult to be logical about it as I myself am on this website quite a bit trying to get help!

Re: Wise words about symptoms of HA

This is great advice, thank you!

hi its very wise words good post...

trouble is with health Anx it manipulates itself once you get used to a certain pain etc

rgds
    kris

Thanks,

To add to the above driving is another example... When I'm driving I feel fine because I'm distracted, when I'm stuck in traffic the thoughts creep into my head....

I noticed this earlier, I was taking some pictures at the river for my diary on here and whilst I was taking them I never even noticed my anxiety, it was the first time I've been out during the day on my own in a long time as well

As soon as I pulled my attention away from the camera they came back.

Good post Fed up

Thread Information