Thread: restarting on 2.5mg please help!!!!!

restarting on 2.5mg please help!!!!!

Hello all...so I took cit 5mg about 3 years ago and I did great on it. I stopped taking it about a year and a half later and coming off was ok too. I started taking it this past sunday but at 2.5mg this time around, and I havnt had very bad side effects this time around just my face ge y ting hot and feeling numb sometimes....anyway my head has the horrid thought that what if I have an allergic reaction to the meds this time around? I know it seems silly but I am so terrified my throat is just going to close up!!! Im not allergic to any other meds or foods but I dont know why I cant stop stressing about that. Please help and reassure my crazy head that its ok. Thankyou

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: restarting on 2.5mg please help!!!!!

I suffer from allergic reactions to Cit (well all drugs really). I started on 2.5mgs of Cit a few weeks ago with the intention of tapering upwards to 10mgs...but very slowly. After 10 days I went up tp 5mgs and started getting swollen eyes and lips BUT.......I went back to 2.5 and took Piriton (anti-histamine) and the swelling went. If you are taking 2.5mgs now and have no SE's the just try to go up to 5 mgs when you are comfortable.

I am not a Dr but I would think that if you were going to have an allergic reaction that was VERY severe you would of had it by now on the 2.5 mgs.

Sarah

Oh this is the second time on Cit. I was on 10mgs for 10 years the came off it 3 years ago.

Thread Information