Thread: CBT hows and whats

CBT hows and whats

Hey. I'm really curious to how CBT works. Does anyone have an example of it to tell me? I've been curious about it for a while. Is there an at home set of exercises for me to do? Like self teaching?

I'd love to get back in to physical exercising. But the thought of an elevated heart rate and faster breathing triggers my anxiety. But in work where its quite physically demanding, im kind of okay sometimes because my mind is focused on work and then I'll realise my heart rate because I'll feel it everywhere An my dry mouth, tight chest and throat start then the initial panic.

I've recently switched GPs so my new GP doesnt actually know about my anxiety yet. I'd rather not neither. My previous GP told me 'its more financial for me to send you to someone else' .. thats why I switched GPs. I felt like did I cause him a heache and he rejected helping me? I saw him may be once or twice a year. So when I went to him it was because I needed the help. Thats may be why I'm stubborn now to try sort this stuff out myself before being in dire need of a GPs help again.

I realise there are books to buy on CBT. Has anyone used them and do they work?

Re: CBT hows and whats

Check this out:
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/therapy/

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

And this-
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131664

I see your name quite a lot. Just remembered to reply to your other post as well. So I'll get on that too.

Thanks TooMuchToLiveFor

My pleasure.

Thread Information