Thread: palpitations, heaving after two weeks

palpitations, heaving after two weeks

I've been on Citalopram now for two weeks, even before I started taking them I was waking in the morning and heaving (presume its build up of adrenaline whilst asleep and anxious?).. It is no better now, also have a resting pulse of 90, heart constantly racing, trembling. I'm on 10 mg. Was put on it as my hubby left me before xmas and I can't get him out of my head. How much longer as its wiping me out, physically and mentally. The mental health team said they don't deal with grief/relationship anxiety and I've been diagnosed as moderately to severe depression and moderate anxiety. No local friends, feel so alone . Due to see doc again on Thursday but he not been much help.

Re: palpitations, heaving after two weeks

Hi there, everyone's experience with Cit seems to be different...check out some of the threads in this section.

My sleeping was awful first couple of weeks - my wife said I even cried in my sleep...but 8 weeks in it is better. I still tremble a bit but I don't know I am doing it half the time. I assume it's the meds, I am on 40mg. The nausea is still quite bad too.

Keep us updated, some good guys to help you on here

All the best

Marty

Hello,

I had heaving in the mornings before starting CIT. It does stop once your on the meds a few weeks. I know it's very unpleasant but hang on in there. 10MG is a very small dose when things settle you may have to increase to 20MG for a period until you start to notice real benefits

Hi i also had the morning heaving and i don't take cit, i used to retch every single morning it was awful, but once my meds kicked in it stopped and slowly mornings got easier, sorry to hear what your going through x x

citalopram helped me when i was 15 but the 2nd time on it it done the same thing my my heart race couldn't keep still kept chain smoking its crazy how your body can change .

Thanks, yes I was dry heaving before I started taking them too. Only help I've had from mental health is a self help workbook, no interaction with real human beings. I'm in a bad place at the moment

Early days MJ, so hang in there. I'm 8 weeks in and had a bit of a blip this afternoon despite a great start to the day.

Getting easier though.

Quote Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
    Thanks, yes I was dry heaving before I started taking them too. Only help I've had from mental health is a self help workbook, no interaction with real human beings. I'm in a bad place at the moment
    We're real humans MJ! Unfortunately you have to stick with the citalopram for a bit before it kicks in. It's a bummer for sure. Maybe worth seeing if your doctor will help you out with some diazepam in the first few weeks? Do be careful with it though as you can become a bit dependant on it.

I used to cough in the morning before I started dealing with my anxiety. I was a smoker but I'd cough until I felt physically sick. I remember standing by an open window sipping water just knowing I was going to be sick. I'm through that now.

Let me reassure you that you are not alone. Last October I was reviewing the broken, shattered remains of my anxiety ridden life yet today things are starting to go my way again. I have new life friends, hobbies, hope and strength. With medication, therapy and an open mind you can rebuild.

I won't lie though, it's a tough uphill struggle, but believe me, you will win if you have the will and you will feel joy in life again.

Thread Information