Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does propranolol take to kick in?

Re: How long does propranolol take to kick in?

Hi Ken, well it sounds like the propranolol is doing the job if your symptoms have disappeared. That's good news. Like any medication its up to you and your doc as to how long and how much you need them and betablockers aren't the type of meds where you have to increase the dose because your system gets used to them, once the right dose for you is found you can usually stick to it for however long you need them.

Over the few years ive been taking them, they have given my system enough of a rest from constant anxiety with an irregular heart rate, to actually be able to reduce them these days without the worst of the old symptoms returning. I'd rather be on these than on tranquilisers or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    I'm taking 80mg slow release and I'm sure they are helping me, I have been in situations I would not of tried on them.
    Hi Just wondering if where can I buy inderal LA online? I noticed it's not available here in the Philippines. Can anyone help me where can I buy the slow release version?

Thank you.

Badly need it.

Performance & Stage Anxiety Solution

===========
    My disorder is something a lot more than just anxiety. It is closer to panic attack. It's strong enough to make me paralyzed and make me standing there just like a statue not being able to perform the task in hand in front of others. However, it never become a full-blown panic attack that requires the victim go to hospital.

I have been doing some trials and errors.
    I have started Propranolol 10 mg alone for my anxiety and it didn't do anything what so ever. I tried 15, 20, 30 mg and still didn't feel anything. I took 40 mg and I just felt some kick (the physiological only symptoms decreased about 50%).

I started 50 mg and it reduced my physiological symptoms about 80% which I think would be what I want for now.

I took it with a glass of milk. It will kick in about 2-3 hours for my weight and height. I also took chlonazepam 0.5 mg alone on different day to fine out correct dosage for me, which kicks in after 1 hour.

Now I want to combine them and give them a try on a perceived stressful event so I can evaluate the effect in real anxiety-inducing situation in which I am going to perform a karaoke in front of about 100 people very soon (never done that before. I have always had the phobia of being the center of attention). I hope the combination of the drug stops the psychological & psychological symptoms (e.g. racing thoughts, mind going blank, shaky voice and hands, not being able to finish sentences, lack of eye contact, trembling, palpitation, sweating, shortness of breath, grasping for air, tightness of throat muscles and chocking sensation, etc. which are all embarrassing).

This will be a big day in my life.

Please help me to choose correct combination:

My regiment may be one of the two following:

a.

*12 p.m: 50 mg Propranolol
    *2 p.m: 0.5 mg Chlonazepam
    *3 p.m I am stepping on the stage!

OR

b.

*8 a.m: 20 mg Propranolol
    *12 p.m: 40 mg Propranolol
    *2 p.m: 1 mg Chlonazepam
    *3 p.m I am stepping on the stage!

I will keep you updated

Thank you

=============

It takes 1 hours for them to kick in, roughly speaking. The only question is the actual duration of the effect which differs from 3-20 hours. However, the 20 hours version (according to my personal experience with Bedranol SR which I find inferior to Inderal LA) is now long gone for Inderal LA is no longer being produced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information