Thread: Does morning anxiety ever go?

Does morning anxiety ever go?

I have been suffering morning anxiety ever since going back on citalopram 10 weeks ago, trouble is it seems to be lasting a lot of the morning now, does it ever get better? I don't think the citalopram is doing me any good this time, I can't remember suffering with this the first time I took it.

Re: Does morning anxiety ever go?

It deffo gets better, i don't think it goes though.

I think my problem with morning anxiety is I wake up & expect it then sure enough my mind starts to get negative.

The only thing I do to help is get busy but this is often hard work, I do normally get better as the day goes on but often wake wishing it was evening when I normally feel calmer. My am anxiety comes & goes but is always in the background waiting to ponce on me if I let it.

I don't take cit but always get morning anxiety so not sure it is meds related. I deal with t by getting out of bed as soon as i wake and getting myself a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea. I switch the tv on while I eat my breakfast then get showered and dressed. If I stick to this routine the anxiety goes quicker.

Same here Mark, in the evenings I feel I can cope with anything.

it does fade cmc but seems to be one of the last things to go away,the only way i get rid of it is to get out of bed quickly

I've suffered with this terribly. I'd wake up and think about it then BAM there is. It can consume my entire morning till lunch time. I received advice on here. Wake up and get up, eat straight away it's something to do with blood sugars and use distractions, keep busy.
    I'm taking evening primrose and 5htp as from today. I'm pretty sure the epo helps me and I'm hoping the 5htp works too. Good luck x

Thanks everybody, it does seem to be one of the worst things, I can't remember suffering it when I had anxiety 2 years ago but it summer then whether that made any difference with the lighter mornings I could read if nothing else, now I am waking at 4/5 am and just lie there till 7 or I will wake the whole house up. x

Thread Information