Thread: Help re side effects

Help re side effects

I have been taking sertraline now for 5 days, last night I had terrible headache, sickness and diarrhea. The headache was like nothing I've ever felt on a scale of 1-10 I'd say it was 10. I also felt lightheaded and couldn't stop shaking.

I'm unsure if this is from the medication or if I'm just coming down with a bug.

Has anyone any advice. I'm too scared to take my medication tonight in case I experience the same

Re: Help re side effects

Try and take it earlier, I take mine in the morning

I've been on it for over a month now and the worst I've had is chills and dizzyness.

If it happens again then I would speak to your GP about a change.

Hi thank you for replying, I'm even more worried about taking it in the day as I'm home alone with a young baby all day so if anything were to happen there's no one here to help.

I was thinking of stopping for a few days and then start taking them again so if it is a bug it has time to go.

dont stop it will only mess your body about ,i dont get any side effects at all from sertraline

I know your right I just feel so scared after last night I've never been in so much pain or felt so scared. I was even considering calling 999 I was that scared. And thought something was seriously wrong.

Hi Scared. I am on day 7 of 25mg of zoloft. I also took it a few months ago (then I stopped and I am back on it again). The first time I took 50mg from the beginning and I had very bad headaches after 1 week. I would wake up in the morning with a throbbing headache and had to take aspirin to get better (paracetamol was useless). This lasted 3-4 days. I also had diarrhea at the end of the first week and this lasted for around 10 days. After 3 weeks I was feeling much better in term of symptoms and after 1 month quite good in my head.
    This time for me is a bit different, was sort of OK until yesterday. Yesterday I got so tired I could not even go to work. I was tired and anxious at the same time so I could not really sleep. I also got really scared wondering what was happening to me and if one day I will get better. And today ... I feel normal.
    So hang in there, the beginning is a bumpy ride but I know from my first experience that we'll end up getting better.

I agree...scared!
    I'm a mum of 3 and taking citalopram for first time it was hell. When they gave me sertraline it took me months to put the first pill in my mouth.
    I took it for 6 days se time ago and I stopped...big mistake!
    I take mine in the morning after breakfast and I stay at home alone with my little boy and im doing ok.
    After 12 days on it im still doing great.
    you also need to help yourself a little bit. It's hard I know but I have realised im more calm this days my anxiety is not as bad as before and the same with panic attacks.
    I will never forger Mr Andy once told me Ilda take it as if you were taking any other vitamin and don't think about it.
    and guess what it works the more you think about it the worse it is for anxiety.
    Best of luck for you and keep us posted
    Your not alone

Thread Information