Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headache for 1 week

Headache for 1 week

Hey all, Really I have been doing ok with my HA since before xmas and thoughts of anything seriously wrong had diminished.

But for the past week I have found myself in a headache which just will not stop, I have had headaches since October 2012 around the same time as My eye disease Keratoconus progressed and worried since then it was a Tumour causing it.

Basically this feels pretty much like a tension type headache, I have forehead, temples and crown tightness and pain, my neck feels stiff and aches and sometimes I feel dizzy/spacey with it. It seems to go up and down in how bad it feels all day but never leaves me. I also sleep fine with it but can feel it on waking up again.

I did go see my gp last week about it who basically said go back on Amitriptyline 10 mg as I had before (been off them 2 months).

any advice?

Re: Headache for 1 week

Hi Hun,
    I have really bad tension headaches and I no that mine come from my neck muscles being so tight, I can go to bed with it and wake up with it, it's a horrible headache but not a dangerous one, I was on amitriptylin 30 mg for a while and they did help, I also try and massage my neck, apply a ho****er bottle or some deep heat, syndol used to work wonders but u can't get it anymore, try ibuprofen, what pain medication have u tried as I no when I have it that paracetomals don't really do a lot xx

Well I have had co-codamol 30/500 on prescription for a long time, but a box of 100 used to last me 3/4 months I would only take 2 when I felt really bad and they always kinda worked with 30 mins or so.

But I got a repeat on them at xmas time and have literally taken 80/90 of them since but they just do not seem to work now, I don't even feel the woozyness of the codeine kicking in. :s (Didn't take them all for headaches I had a really sore trap muscle for 2 weeks after a gym session)

My GP gave me Co-Dydramol as well as the Amitriptyline, only taken 6 of those in 3 days but they didnt seem to work either.

I did wonder if I had been taking too many painkillers recently and that they may have lost their effectivness? I have not taken any painkiller since Sunday morning now.

Maybe and you can also get a terrible headache from withdrawel of tablets that you have taken consistently taken over 3 days? Have u had a ct scan or anything to put ur mind at ease I did and found out that I have trigeminal neuralgia obviously I thought the worse thought I had a brain tumour or ms etc but brain tumour are rare

I had a CT of my Sinus back when I first started getting headaches but that's all. Since then they have been coming and going to be honest though I would have thought if I had a Brain Tumour since October 2012 - 16-17 months ago I kinda wouldn't be sat here typing about headaches still I hope!

I do have Keratoconus which is a progressive Corneal Dystrophy, my vision cannot be corrected in my left eye with glasses or contact lenses and that eye alone sees multiple vision/ghosting. I'm waiting to see a professor about my next step with that.

A headache isn't the main symptom of a brain tumour anyway there are lots of different symptoms, For the length of time you are on about you would be quite poorly by now Hun.

Yeah I do think its a Tension Headache, just not able to shift it right now :(, I think my plan is to not take anything other then the Amitriptyline at night

Uff Still got it, although right now it feels mainly like a tightness/pressure around my forehead/temples/crown and cheek bones.

Think I'm also getting a bit of a hangover feel from the Amitriptyline, kinda tired feeling and could easily just stay in bed all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
    Uff Still got it, although right now it feels mainly like a tightness/pressure around my forehead/temples/crown and cheek bones.

Think I'm also getting a bit of a hangover feel from the Amitriptyline, kinda tired feeling and could easily just stay in bed all day.
    I had this, on and off, for the last six months. Classic tension induced by anxiety.

Margaret Thatcher

Do you happen to clench your jaw or grind your teeth in your sleep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information