Thread: Can you help with these symptoms?

Can you help with these symptoms?

Just recently, I've been feeling nauseous, mainly in the evenings. I've also been getting stomach pains that come and go, pain under my left ribs and also chest feels sore in between and just below my breasts. Sometimes have pain under my left shoulder blade and an uncomfortable feeling in my throat (which is relieved by taking Gavilast). I'm so fed up of feeling ill all the time, and every time I get these symptoms, it just sets off the panic again. I've done two preg tests which were both negative, although my period is a bit late. Any ideas?

Hi Bellar,

I get all the symptoms youve mentioned above.Ive been getting them on and off for ages,been to the docs they cant find anything so it cant be anything serious(although its taken me ages to realise that).

I find that the symptoms are a lot worse when im having bad days and especially around my period so youre not alone with this.

If you want to put your mind at rest,go to the docs but i'm nearly sure its a very tense and nervous body thats causing this.

I hope thats helped a little.
    Take care and try not to worry....Candie xx

Sounds like acid reflux/indigestion to me which can be very painful indeed.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

hi bellar,
    i agree with nicola on this, i had all the symptoms you describe and was finally diagnoised with acid reflux.
    i'm now on omeprozole and gaviscon advance for this and i have felt a whole lot better with my pain caused with reflux.
    go see you doc, describe what you are going through and hopefully he will help you.

i hope you feel better with this soon

penny x

Hi Bellar

These symptoms you have are the same as my daughter had, she suffered anxiety, panic from a very early age, she's doing really well now The hospital at the time said she was suffering acid reflux. I know full well that at times when her anxiety was sooo high these symptoms would be sooo bad, she was unable to function as a child, play out and do what other kids do:( She was on gavascon for a long time, which helped. As time as gone on and she has learned how to deal with her anxiety, this these symptoms have gotton less and less.

Hers something I found which may explain a little...

Indigestion, heartburn, constipation and diarrhea
    During periods of anxiety the body diverts blood from various parts of the body to the muscle tissues in order to supply them with the oxygen needed by them during the flight or fight response. One of the main areas where blood is used most is around the digestive tract. Blood is sent there to absorb nutrients from the food we eat. As blood is diverted away from the stomach during anxiety, the digestion slows and the muscles around the stomach can become knotted. This can cause indigestion, heartburn and diarrhea or constipation.

Now I know this does not mention pain under the left shoulder blade, but my daughter had pain there too, or in her upper back. Her pain in her back was due to her tensing her musculs because she was sooo scared and in pain from the acied reflux. At these time she would always say to me, mum, I don't feel very well, she had alot of nausea :(

I know what you are going through and my heart goes out to you, this can be sooo painfull.:(

As it has already been said, go to your GP and talk to him/her.
    To know what your dealing with, peace of mind goes along way, believe me, it took 3 years for them to tell me my daugher was suffering pa's, anxiety, ohhh long story, but she is doing really well now.

I do hope this helps a little.

Hope you feel better soon

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Thanks for your replies everyone. My period started yesterday so I'm relieved about that. I was feeling very naseous last night though. It's taken me two years to get over obsessing about my heart and checking my pulse every two minutes, and now I seem to be focusing my energy on convincing myself that there's something horribly wrong with my stomach. Sigh...

Thread Information