Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you get heart palpitations?

Re: Do you get heart palpitations?

Hi ive posted separately about 'remedies' but thought id share here. I get thousands of ectopics daily for years . In terms of solutions id add the following. Like the OP this has meaning for those with frequent ectopics, not those with a few bumps a day.

STOP CAFFIENE (can take up to 4 weeks to work)

REDUCE OR STOP ALCOHOL

FIGURE OUT WHAT CAUSES STRESS AND REMOVE IT FROM YOUR LIFE

NEVER EAT BIG MEALS....EAT LITTLE AND OFTEN

LOSE A BIT OF WEIGHT .

TAKE MODEST EXERCISE REGULARLY

These are lifestyle choices. Its hard to change but ive reduced my ectopics by more than 90%. At the moment im getting a few to a few dozen each day. Before the changes I was getting between 3 and 10 thousand according to the holter test.

I always clutch my chest and I have them now. Clutching my chest doesn’t help. I just need to sleep and forget them as I won’t die in my sleep.

So much of what you say is so relevant to me! It does help to see it set out so clearly and calmly. I too used to visit RLR, he was so helpful - but again, I spent too much time on the site, I think. I definitely agree that indigestion/bloating sets off the skipped beats, that has helped reassure me many times. I take Flecainide twice a day, and that has really cut down the number of ectopics I get, and I think my magnesium tablet daily has also helped.
    It's always worse when they happen at night, isn't it? I can't tell you how many nights I have laid in bed with my heart jumping all over the place - got to a point where I really didn't care if I ever woke up again. But it's improved. I'm calmer (but still likely to panic a bit if I get a sudden rush of them!) I sometimes get pounding heart feelings too, when I go to bed mainly. And I know if I overeat or drink much before going to bed my heart will feel like it's about to jump out of my chest. I bought a Kardia monitor and that has given me a lot of reassurance, as I can catch any odd beats and get them analysed - but saying that, it showed a "possible afib" result the other day, with a beat of around 143 I'm telling myself it's wrong, as I could feel my heart beating at the time and it certainly didn't feel like it was doing anything like that. So even the reassurance of the monitor can have drawbacks.
    Still, this has been happening for about 35 years, I'm still here! Got to be good!

Yes I get them a lot. For about 15 years now. Had EKG and all sorts all was fine.

Heart palps are linked to anxiety so if you have anxiety you will likely experience it at some point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information