Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unstable Angina being ignorerd

Unstable Angina being ignorerd

So my symptoms have got a lot more severe in the past two days. And are strong indications of unstable angina. But because my health anxiety has been high the past month my doctor is completly ignoring me. Guess its time to start saying my good byes

Re: Unstable Angina being ignorerd

Since your EKGs have been normal, your symptoms aren't "strong indications of unstable angina." Even you did have unstable angina--which I'm pretty sure you don't--it doesn't translate to you being gone by tomorrow. I think what you're really saying is you're pretty miserable, and you feel like people aren't realizing just how bad you feel. Which I think we're all familiar with, and I'm sorry you're in that place.

What you do have are strong indications that your anxiety isn't well managed. That doesn't mean your symptoms are pretended or imagined--it means that what really needs to happen for them isn't happening. Have you asked your doctor for a referral, or tried the online CBT courses?

Why ? Are you going to die?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've pretty much accepted the fact that I don't have long left. Pains are becoming more and more severe. Even had a paramedic out today as the pain was so bad I thought it was heart attack. He assured me it wasn't but was suprised my doctor hasn't considered angina

I suspect that what he meant by "considered angina" is something your doctor actually did--he had you take an EKG to rule it out. Did you tell the paramedic your EKGs were normal?

Yep but normal ecgs are not really enough to rule out angina. :(

If I take the 1990 in your screen name to be your birth year that would make you 24 or close to it... am I right?

If that's the case, the chances of unstable angina in light of several normal EKGs is well.... none.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I really don't think you are going to die but if it is that bad then all you can do is go back to the doctor. We can't tell you anything more than that as we are not doctors

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by kurtis1990 View Post
    Yep but normal ecgs are not really enough to rule out angina. :(
    In most cases--with a young person like yourself--they most certainly are.

Do you want to have angina? Would you rather have that than anxiety? Is it easier to tell people you have angina than anxiety?

Right now you're a car with a faulty dashboard light saying "check engine." The engine has been checked and found to be fine, so the next step is fixing the warning light. Why would you insist the car is doomed rather than work on the warning light?

I'm 23 but have many ris k factors I'm obese and a former smoker. Which makes my age insignificant when it comes to cardiac related problems. I know I only have myself to blame for this. I never wanted this. I just think its unfair my doctor's misdiagnosing me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information