Thread: whats left plse help...

whats left plse help...

Hi my name is donna i am 24 yrs old..

Ok here goes...

started of with mild depression 4 years ago, was given 37.5mg of effexor, 2 weeks later i raised the dose to about 6 of them because i wanted to end it!! gave me severe anxiety i stopped cold turkey..(my bad)-experienced constand anxiety, brain zaps u name it i had it..

few mnths later i was given cipramil, i ended up in hospital with severe raised bp and hrt rate (200's) then was given dothiepin, was afraid to take this due to the experience with celexa.

seroxat, raised bp and hrt rate 3 weeks on this, doc took me off

gave me trazadone, made my hrt rate very slow in deed and scared the hell out of me..

Seen physciatrist after a year of waiting, she gave me lustral GOD SEND BUT raised my hrt rate and bp but i was calm about it, doc took me of this.

Doctor gave me reboaxatine made me very manic (very anxious)

Doc refered me bk to physc she gave me fluanxol, that made me a little aggitated and manic(anxious).

doctor gave me mirtazipine was a god send for my anxiety YEAR LATER organon changed from tablet form to dissolvable form SEVERE ANXIETY and very bad nightmares, bad panick attacks in my sleep, waking up gagging for breath, doc took me of these right a way and gave me dothiepin...
    NOW doc re refered me bk to physc I STOPPED dothiepin after 5 days cus my hrt keeps skipping beats and i dont like this feeling its scaring me..

I am just taking valium and waiting to be refered back to physc may take a while..

I have been to anxiety managment 3 times aloud of cox bollox, I have been diagnosed with anxiety panick attacks and now my depression is creeping back BIG TIME, i am housebound, cant be around people, doctor sayd i have a severe chemical imbalance and i need meds!!... I am overweight and i am single apart from my 5 yr old daughter.. cant see another physc cus theres only one consultant in my area (pembrokeshire wales,)and doctors cant refer us to another area (carmarthen have 4)they dont have the power or wat not.. uk NHS.. cant afford to go private either..

any thoughts?

thanking you

p.s... i dont wanna try an maoi, i would be to anxious about the diet etc and also it would scare the hell of me.. as u can see i cant take ssri's or tca's if one tca causes this reaction in me then so will the rest eh?-same happaned with ssri's, o and i cant afford to go into hospital as i have my daughter and my dogs.. ( although i would luv to, to get medicated) and my doctor dont think antiphyscotics will be the answer.. any suggestions help plse i am so desperate..

thanks

gonna see doc friday

Luv Y'all

Donna

Hi Donna,

How much valium are you taking and is it settling you ?

You are entitled to a second opinion and if there isn't one in your area then you can be referred out of area . You can contact your PCT for this if your GP won't do it.

You say you are house bound- would you be able to get out of area to see someone else ? Do you go to your GPs ?

Nowhere do you mention any counselling or therapy apart from drug therapy and the anxiety management . None of these meds will cure you but several have masked the symptoms for you for a while.

What started all this off in the beginning - the anxiety and panic as well as the depression ?

CBT is the therapy of choice

What are you currently doing to help yourself ?

Anxiety management will also not cure you but can help you develop strategies to help you cope better with the symptoms and help you find the cause and deal with it .

Do read
    First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Hiya Donna

So sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. It does seem as though you've had a tough time of it with all the meds you've had. It sounds as though you might benefit from some other type of therapy as taking the meds seems to be making you more anxious, probably due to your early bad experiences with them.

Maybe you could ask your GP or psychiatrist what other options are available to you? As Meg says, CBT is highly effective and has a great success rate but it will take a little time.

Although I take meds myself for anxiety and panic (and have done in the past for depression) and they work well for me, it might also be worth looking at some complimentary medicine options. If nothing else, they may help you to feel a little more relaxed so that you have the space to start thinking about your recovery. Maybe could find someone that could come out to your home if you feel you can't go to them (e.g. Indian head massage, aromatherapy or even acupuncture etc)?

You say that you didn't rate your anxiety management programme but maybe its worth giving it another go. I know you are keen to find the right meds to help you out but even when you do, they aren't a magic cure, you still need to try to do some things to help yourself and even if you only take a couple of points from the course and try to put them in to action you might find they help a little. I think you need to just take one step at a time, as frustrating as it might be.

If nothing else, a great place to start is a nice lavendar bath and by making some time just for you. Sounds like you have a lot to cope with looking after your daughter on your own but you musn't forget to take care of yourself too. Do your dogs cheer you up? I know mine do when I'm feeling bad, I'm sure they sense it and they are just sooo sweet!

Take care Donna, hope your visit to the doctors is productive on Friday and let us know how you get on.

Good luck

Love Jo xxx

Thread Information