Thread: So sad..so sad..so sad..I don't know if I can take

So sad..so sad..so sad..I don't know if I can take

Im trying so hard...really I am.. to understand whats causing me to be like this.i read positive things ,on keeping fearless and keep from worrying about death..it helps a little during right before I go to sleep but during the day i get a nagging feeling nothing is ever going to be the same again..I feel so sad..I am not sure i can take it anymore..the worry the watching everything i do ..the stress of knowing this is affecting my wife and also wondering how well im going to handle things when my son gets in for a couple of days.I feel like im on the bottom looking up and there is nothing I can do to make it better..Waking up being frightened everyday is miserable.. Its dibiliataing and just cruel..im sorry.. I should be over some of this now..I have been diagnosed and supposely there is nothing wrong with me other than anxiety and depression.I have to vent somewhere..and I know there are others with this here..i feel for each and everyone..I hate it so very much and want it to end..Its like going to work everyday on a job that is so hard and gets harder..Will it ever end?

hi i know its really hard to cope with some days!!!!!!it does sometimes feel like we are always going to be this way,but there is light at the end of the tunnel,we just have to find it
    i,m sorry that i don,t have any helpful advice but just know that you are not alone
    take care
    rachel x

i feel so sorry for you really i do .has your docter given you any medication to help?talking about your feelings is good its better than keeping it all locked up inside .try writing down your feelings that somtimes helps .i know this isnt helping you is it but if you need to talk anytime please e mail me take care chin up suexx

Hey there LFA

I for one can relate to what you say BIG TIME. The fact that your general health issues are reportedly fine is great, but your mental health issues are just that...issues, and not to be taken lightly. You feel the way you feel because you have a mental illness...we all have. It is a big thing to try to come to terms with and one ofth emain factores stopping people moving forward is the shame that is often connected with mental health.

I have re-read your post and it is most definately one I could have written a couple of months ago. Pretty much everything you say I have experienced, particularly the impact on wife and son...and daughter.

You say that it is anxiety and depression, what is being done to treat that? Are you on any meds or other professional support...I am..and it is helping me. This site is also a big help.

In answer to your question, "Will it ever end?".....YES!! It just takes time and the right support.

I'm hapy to chat with you.

Take care, remember, how dark it feels, you are not alone!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Things do get better.Are you on meds?you seem to be really concerned about your son coming home.Im sure hes really looking forward to seeing you.

Ellen XX

Ellen, just feeling a little holiday aprehension about my son,but think it will be fine..Been keeping busy today and trying not to think of health isses..Having little quirks here and there but well trying the best I can to ignore them. Thank you all for helping me with support and the feeling that one day it will go away..Michael

dear Michael,soz you havin a bad time of it,i must agree with everything licky said.People ,including ourselves,can brush these issues under the carpet,well they wont get dealt with there will they??You dont say if you are on medication?Some dr's are dismissive of mental health issues[mine being one of them!]this site has been a life saver for me,So continue to post and tell us how your days are going Michael,the good ones and the bad!Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

i agree with the previous posts. antidepressants and this site have helped me very much. i suffer anxiety and horrible bouts of depression. it has been very bad the previous couple of months, but i finally got a good psychiatrist and even though the first medicines he put me on didn't work out, the new one is ok so far. i feel actually very calm and relaxed. it is a welcome feeling, believe me. see your doctor and perhaps suggest the meds. you may be surprised.
    sheryl

Sheryl

You don't have to be a cow to know what milk is.

Hey looking4answers, I'll tell you straight up with no bull****. You CAN and WILL get better. It'll be long and hard, and you'll have to rely on those who are close to you like never before. You'll also have to rely heavily on yourself. Many people won't understand, and at the end of the day, you can do the most for yourself in this. If you're anything like me, you're one of your own worst enemies and critics. I highly recommend you google cognitive behavioral therapy for your depression. Another thing is that occasionally you need to take time to pamper yourself.

Don't be afraid to explain it to your wife. Sometimes just having an honest to God heart to heart can help a lot, and she may have some good ideas to help you get over this hump.

You will get better. Just don't let yourself give up.

Thread Information