Thread: Tremor in Left Hand - WORRIED

Tremor in Left Hand - WORRIED

Hi All,

Recently, over the past 5 days, I've been experiencing tremors in my left hand when I hold things or hold it in a particular way. I also have pain down my arm and a bit of joint pain the the hand.

I was worried on Tuesday that it was MS and saw my Dr, she was happy it was muscle problen and said to see her again in 3 weeks.

I am so worried! Now I'm thinking Parkinsons also. Would love just to have an mri scan tomorrow but that will never happen!!

anyway, has anyone else experienced this before?

Milk x

Re: Tremor in Left Hand - WORRIED

Quote Originally Posted by milkcarton View Post
    Hi All,

Recently, over the past 5 days, I've been experiencing tremors in my left hand when I hold things or hold it in a particular way. I also have pain down my arm and a bit of joint pain the the hand.

I was worried on Tuesday that it was MS and saw my Dr, she was happy it was muscle problen and said to see her again in 3 weeks.

I am so worried! Now I'm thinking Parkinsons also. Would love just to have an mri scan tomorrow but that will never happen!!

anyway, has anyone else experienced this before?

Milk x
    Check for pinched nerves and carpal tunnel. Happen much often than Parkinson's, and are much more harmless

Margaret Thatcher

A tremor is also an anxiety effect, plus a tremor can be just an inherited family trait. I have a slight head tremor which started when I was super anxious about my heart after my pvc diagnosis. Even though the anxiety has improved the tremor is just as bad. Doesn't worry me though. My hands don't shake at all, funnily enough.

The joint pain thing does sound like a trapped nerve.

Hey All,

Thanks for your replies I am thinking along the lines of a trapped nerve, as you have both suggested. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with a dead arm, it could be the way that I am sleeping on it that is causing the tremor and pain?

Its annoying as I can't control my body when I sleep and I always sleep on my tummy and sometimes put my weight on the arms.

Milk x

Quote Originally Posted by milkcarton View Post
    Hey All,

Thanks for your replies I am thinking along the lines of a trapped nerve, as you have both suggested. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with a dead arm, it could be the way that I am sleeping on it that is causing the tremor and pain?

Its annoying as I can't control my body when I sleep and I always sleep on my tummy and sometimes put my weight on the arms.

Milk x
    Yes, yes, yes!!! I did that when I was a teenager and it caused me no end of trouble with the hand-pains, numbness, prickling and God knows what else.

Check it with your doctor (to se if the nerve is pinched) and above all-don't sleep like that. Stop it now. Please!

Margaret Thatcher

Thread Information