Thread: Going downhill fast

Going downhill fast

Hi I need some advice. Since coming out of hospital on Monday after a gall bladder attack and pancreatitis I have taken to my bed feeling terrible. Problem being is that my anxiety is growing each day and panic is setting in almost all day. I have got up and had short walks around the house but because I'm terrified of having another gall bladder attack I'm hardly eating anything at all so become tired and weak. I'm very conscious that your health can get worse by being in bed. Im going to try with all of my might to be up and about tomorrow. I feel so weak in my body and my chest hurts from tension and panic I just want to be strong again. I was doing so well before Sunday night. I am waiting for an appointment to have my gall bladder removed but I feel it's this that is causing most of my anxiety as I'm terrified of having a general anaesthetic . Starting to get worried about dvt as well as I haven't been active since Sunday night only popping up and down the stairs to eat etc.

Re: Going downhill fast

hi the more you sit stewing the worse it will become try and make your mind active ok tk care

Don't worry about the anaesthetic. I have had it about 8 times now and never had any problems from it. I have also had my gall bladder removed. The worst thing about that was a lot of wind for a few days after which was relieved with windeez and walking up and down
    I hardly moved for 6 months after a foot fracture and I didn't get dvt but you are not doing yourself any favours anxiety wise by staying in bed. Get out for a little walk if you can and keep doing little jobs here and there.

Thank you so much for your replies. I know a lot of my problems are from anxious thoughts but I've had a lot of time for them to stew in my mind. I'm going to try and get up in a bit and see if I can get dressed and stay up. I'm missing out being stuck up here.

hi if you give up and go bk to bed your mind will remember that scenario as a compulsion/way out does that make sense?

I'm up washed and dressed. Full face of make up lol. Feel very anxious but getting time with my little one

Well Done

Thread Information