Thread: Sudden blip... or whats happening?

Sudden blip... or whats happening?

ok, so weeks of doing really well, and BAM here it is... rock bottom

Help

i am absolutely petrified... wednesday i started feeling a bit anxious, lots of body zaps all day, couldnt concentrate on anything at all, hearing voices like mad...

yesterday woke up and for the first day in a really long time, i couldnt cope with the day... went bed and spent all day there until my other half got home and woke me up around 6pm.... terrible day...

i feel anxious, scared, frightened, overwhelmed and terrified about everything... life... tomorrow.. what if...

night sweats last night...

have got through this morning i dont know how... but now and struggling through the afternoon... badly... and what about later? or tomorrow?

im upsetting people i think, i talk to peopl but i dont think they understand, no one does

im lost
    xxxx

Re: Sudden blip... or whats happening?

I got like this with citalopram after 2.5 months. The good times were great but the downs / blips on it were absolutely horrific for me like you described. It'd be like starting all over again.

When I went into a blip I'd get a lovely full spectrum of anxiety back, complete with some of the start up effects (shaking, cortisol mornings, sweating, poor sleep, de-realization).

The only thing I summarized was that it was almost like my body stopped metabolising the citalopram for some reason. Have you missed a dose?

I suffered this about 4 - 5 times over the 2.5 months before I went to get a second opinion from a different doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post

The only thing I summarized was that it was almost like my body stopped metabolising the citalopram for some reason. Have you missed a dose?
    i did miss a dose actually.... tuesday maybe...? or wednesday's.... hmmmm strange you should mention that... coincidence isn;t it....

i currently could sleep for england, infact all i want to do is sleep but when i do sleep, its broken up sleep and i have the most vivid dreams, not nightmares but scarily real and unpleasant... so then i wake up in a sweat and dont want to sleep, but my eyes jsut go and i nod off again...

body zaps... oh my goodness and people notice them too... and sya "did you just nod off".... NO... i feel like i've been electrocuted...

ive been on for 6 months nearly now... was thinking only at the weekend how well i was doing.. its utterly destroying to feel like this now... i feel so insecure, lost, scared... i have no reason for any of these feelings... taking yesterday off work was an absolute necessety but i hate myself for letting this thing get the better of me...

i am seeing my therapist next friday and my doctor in 3 weeks... i will talk it through with them and in the meantime hope it passes??

xx

I had to sit it out - I found after 3 - 4 days I'd start returning to normal and this happened each and every time. It was just a pain in arse.

Like I said - it was either like I was suffering from start-up or discontinuation syndrome when I was suffering this. The anxiety and sleep problems were unreal - unlike anything I suffered before taking the medication. Most of the times with me were related to missing a dose but in the end I think it happened when I didn't miss a dose.

All I can say is that it will pass - just take it easy but definitely mention to the doctor. My second opinion Doc swapped me onto sertraline when I mentioned this kept happening (like 4 - 5 times in two months).

Thread Information