Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pregnancy anxiety

pregnancy anxiety

I have recently found out I am pregnant with my third child. I'm delighted about this but I am finding it all so stressful. You'd think after doing it twice already I would be more relaxed but I'm not. For the past few days I have been having increasing pregnancy symptoms, but today I have nothing, I just feel totally normal. I am so worried that the baby has stopped growing and I won't find out until my first scan (I have booked a private scan for Feb 25th when I will be 8 weeks). I have been reading on a pregnancy forum and it seems really common for women to lose babies and not find out until Tue scan, and I know that losing symptoms can be the first sign of miscarriage. My husband is away for the next week and I am on my own all week with the kids so I am going to fjnd it even harder. I just wish I could go to the scan right now, at least if something is wrong I would rather know.

Re: pregnancy anxiety

I think all women have this fear. I know I have. A missed miscarriage like you are describing is very rare. 1% of miscarriages is a missed miscarriage. That's the thing about the lovely internet is that it makes these rare things seem common. You know as you get further along in the first trimester the intitail symptoms fade. This is totally normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Enjoy it I'm jealous because I'm done having babies and loved being pregnant!

I know how you feel. I've never done pregnancy with health anxiety, my first was a breeze now I worry about every tiny single thing :(

All I'm going to say is Congratulations!! This is a time to be very happy. I'm sure all is fine so enjoy

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Congratulations! Rejoice!

Margaret Thatcher

If it makes you feel any better, I'd cut off my left arm to be in your position.

Relax and enjoy being pregnant, congratulations! xx

Thanks everyone. Lin, if you are trying for a baby I wish you the very best of luck with it. I know I am lucky. It has never been difficult for me to get pregnant and my husband says if this pregnancy doesnt work out we will just try again but I just want everything to be ok!

Thanks honey, I tried for ten years, it's not going to happen now...and although, yes, I would give my left arm, I'm sure if it did happen I'd be a nervous wreck too!

Try not to worry, not having symptoms is not uncommon it doesn't mean anything is wrong especially so early on. There are many women who don't even realise they're pregnant till they're a lot further on!

Everything will be fine xx

I had no symptoms in my first pregnancy had my first scan at 25weeks! So that's nothing to worry about. I know its hard though, with health anxiety it is ten times worse, I am sure we will both be okay though, and babies of course .

Lin my heart goes out to you and I sincerely hope that one day you get your wish. X

Thank you Roxy, appreciate that x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information