Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mucus in stool (TMI)

Mucus in stool (TMI)

Hello everyone, I'm back again. :(
    As most of you know I've been experiencing cramps, gas, and bloating for the last 2 weeks on and off. I'm also a week and a half late for my period but did two pregnancy tests which came out negative.

So I had a bowel movement, and when I was wiping a looked and noticed on the toilet paper some mucus that was the same colour as my stools but it felt like mucus you have in your throat!! It was the same size as a large button.
    I'm really scared now :( I don't know what's going on with me. I have on and off stomach pains, mostly in lower abdominal, with a gassy sensation and some bloating. I'm also late for my period. Has anyone experienced this before??

Re: Mucus in stool (TMI)

So weird jenn I just had this today it looked like a pinkish plug. Mucus coats the the stool as it descends through the colon. I thought this was normal? I'm not going to google. But I think several people on here have had mucus in their bm.

Jenn, if you search the forums for "mucus" you will be buried (not literally, fortunately!) in examples of people who have this . It's common and harmless. Nothing in what you've been describing about your abdominal worries sounds dangerous.

However, your anxiety is clearly causing you a lot of difficulty at the moment. Have you looked into treatment for it, or checked out the online CBT course that gets mentioned here? I think that will help you feel better more than anything else you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseEve View Post
    So weird jenn I just had this today it looked like a pinkish plug. Mucus coats the the stool as it descends through the colon. I thought this was normal? I'm not going to google. But I think several people on here have had mucus in their bm.
    Hmm, mine was a brown colour, exactly like my stool although it didn't coat it, it came out like a blob by itself. So weird!! :( I really hope it's nothing serious for the both of us

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Jenn, if you search the forums for "mucus" you will be buried (not literally, fortunately!) in examples of people who have this . It's common and harmless. Nothing in what you've been describing about your abdominal worries sounds dangerous.

However, your anxiety is clearly causing you a lot of difficulty at the moment. Have you looked into treatment for it, or checked out the online CBT course that gets mentioned here? I think that will help you feel better more than anything else you could do.
    Thanks for replying. I've never had it before so it absolutely terrified me. I hope it's as common and harmless as you say. Would it have something to do with my sharp lower abdominal pain, gassy sensation, and bloating, as well as missed period? :(

I'm currently doing online CBT e-counselling and some of the courses on here

How late is your period jenn?

Exactly 10 days late now

Nothing like a poo thread with mucous to warm a cold Saturday evening

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hahah! Heard poo threads were totally your favourite

I get a late period like that once a year and it's always a killer. Don't forget too that anixety can mess with your cycle. If you aren't worried about being pregnant then dont sweat it.

Definitely had anxiety and stress last month. But I'm only worried because of te sharp pains in my lower stomach along with the gas.

I don't think I'm worried about pregnancy, it's not ovarian cysts. But now I'm not sure with the mucus. I know IBS can cause mucous and late periods

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information