Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mindfullness/ link to good meditation

Mindfullness/ link to good meditation

Someone of another forum advised me to try mindfulness. So I think every day or hopefully every day I will try meditation/mindfulness. I have a week off work so I'm going to try it
    This link I could'nt find before but try this is you are anxious it makes me feel very calm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_UfFIszkY

If you want to know more theres a free kindle books available here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would anybody else like ot join me in trying mindfulness? We can try and do an exercise every day for a week and come back here and comment on it. How it made us feel etc?
    Free meditation audios are on youtube and more free info can be found be searching on goggle. It wouldn't surprise me if there was more info on here too.

My latest anxiety issue was yesterday. I don't have work to cause my anxiety this week. I usually do yoga but five minutes a day is easy to find than half an hour or more.

Re: Mindfullness/ link to good meditation

Quote Originally Posted by Jenwales View Post
    Someone of another forum advised me to try mindfulness. So I think every day or hopefully every day I will try meditation/mindfulness. I have a week off work so I'm going to try it
    This link I could'nt find before but try this is you are anxious it makes me feel very calm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_UfFIszkY

If you want to know more theres a free kindle books available here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would anybody else like ot join me in trying mindfulness? We can try and do an exercise every day for a week and come back here and comment on it. How it made us feel etc?
    Free meditation audios are on youtube and more free info can be found be searching on goggle. It wouldn't surprise me if there was more info on here too.

My latest anxiety issue was yesterday. I don't have work to cause my anxiety this week. I usually do yoga but five minutes a day is easy to find than half an hour or more.
    Have you heard of the book "the power of now" by Eckhart Tolle? it's absolutely incredible

Ex-sufferer of anxiety and panic disorder, I am willing to help anyone, so feel free and ask for help

If you're into the spiritual side of mindfulness Eckhart is definitely the man

Hey Jenwales!

I've been doing mindfulness for the last 6 weeks or so, and I definitely think it's the way to go. Obviously there is no single cure, but mindfulness helps to cultivate a mindset of non-judgmentally monitoring thoughts, while simultaneously improving concentration and presence. It also gave me some great breathing/coping techniques for when I start to feel extra anxious.

There are some incredible guided mindfulness meditations on a site called yourskillfulmeans.
    Also, it's not free, but another great resources to check out is headspace.com I think it's like $5 a month or something, but they have daily guided mediations and a ton of extra resources to track your "progress" with mindfulness.

I'm continuing mindfulness still, so if you want to compare notes/experiences, feel free to message me!

Cheers,
    -kb
    Last edited by kab92; 21-02-14 at 16:16. Reason: typo

Worked for a bit but i've got back into my old ways, i have issues
    wish i could change my job no luck jobhunting

Hi All

I am new to the forum.

Please check out my anxiety , depression, stress blog - i am scared co uk

I recently tried meditation and will be tracking my progress every week.

So far I have found it really helpful and beneficial in overcoming my own anxiety and depression.

It gives me a great sense of wellbeing and allows me to regularly make time to relax which is so important.

I hope you find the blog useful. Please comment /subscribe and I would love to hear from you.

Have you seen Mindfullness Based CBT (MBCT)? It's a combination of Mindfulness meditation and CBT.

I picked up a book by Mark Williams who is one of leading guys in the UK, Oxford uni I think without checking.

It's available through therapists and I seem to recall the NHS approved of it.

It's usually an 8 week course with a different meditation each week against a different chapter in the book but you can alter the schedule if needed. You do activities or set goals to achieve in those weeks.

I had a Mindfullness CD off my CBT therapist that their senior guy had put together. It helped me but I found it would become somewhat stale the more practiced so perhaps having variation, even if it means trying a different download one, may help if you have issues with routines.

I practice it without them now but I'm just starting on the Mark Williams one to see where that goes.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 05-08-14 at 03:32.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Have you seen Mindfullness Based CBT (MCCBT)? It's a combination of Mindfulness meditation and CBT.

I picked up a book by Mark Williams who is one of leading guys in the UK, Oxford uni I think without checking.

I practice it without them now but I'm just starting on the Mark Williams one to see where that goes.
    Hi, I have been recommended a book by my mental health advisor, she said it is the best book she has read regarding mindfulness, presuming it is the same book as you are reading

Mindfulness - A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
    by Mark Williams and Danny Penman.

Will have a look on kindle see what else is out there as well.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

This is the best way to learn mindfulness. It is a free online 8 week course and has completely changed my life. In fact so much, I've started the process of coming of medication.

https://sites.google.com/site/mindfu...inecourse/Home

+1 recommend for "Mindfulness - A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world".

Also recommend Ruby Wax - "Sane New World: Taming the Mind". Very and informative account of living with crippling anxiety and how she works to overcome it with mindfulness meditation.

She does a good talk on TED too:

http://www.rubywax.net/ted.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information