Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I genuinely feel like I can't do this.

I genuinely feel like I can't do this.

I posted the other day about the fact that I am pregnant with our third child. My anxiety right now is horrible. I am totally convinced that I have had a missed miscarriage. I don't think I'm just being paranoid. I had strong pregnancy symptoms up until Thursday last week, now they are completely gone. Slight breast tenderness is there still, all the fatigue, nausea, food aversions etc have completely gone. I have a private scan booked but it's a whole week away. I don't know how I will get through that week. I know they say missed miscarriages are pretty rare, but I personally know of six friends who have had them so I don't think they can be as rare as all that. I am terrified of having to go into hospital for a D&C as I afraid I will die under general anesthetic. I am on my own with my kids this week as my husband is away and I can barely function. Every day feels like a million years. I just don't know what to do with myself.

Re: I genuinely feel like I can't do this.

Oh Hun I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. There isn't much I say to reassure you because your anxiety is taking hold of you. I have 2 babies when I was pregnant with my daughter I didn't have HA that bad. I had hardly any pregnancy symptoms except tender breasts. When I was pregnant the second time with my son I had mild nausea in the very beginning and food adversions. At about 8 weeks I felt great but I lost my symptoms except my breasts were still tender. I had HA at this time and I too thought I had a missed miscarriage. Each time I went for scan I thought the baby might be gone. At the moment he is driving me crazy getting into everything he can (he is 20 months now) you have remember each pregnancy is different. It is normal to feel better the further along you are. You know the second trimester is the best time. It's very strange that you know six people this had happened too I don't know any. I wish I could say something to take away your fear I have been there myself. Hugs to you

I was like this with my 3rd pregnancy. Had hardly any symptoms no sickness, nausea, tiredness and no sensitivity to smells like I had when I had my 2 girls.

How many weeks are you? Could you speak to a midwife to put your mind at ease?

I had a boy and put that down to having a complete different pregnancy that may be the reason. Also, its your 3rd maybe your body is coping a lot better and the symptoms have eased as a result. I was completely freaking out over a missed miscarriage so I know how your feeling. Positive thoughts xx

Thank you so much for your reply. I am seven weeks tomorrow so my symptoms have been gone since six and a half weeks. I really hope I am wrong about this but I can't shake this bad feeling. I really feel like I am going insane. I didn't think my anxiety would be this bad with my third but it's worse than the first two times. I just have to get through the next week and then I can know for sure wither there is a baby growing in there or not.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Thank you realworrier, I am not quite seven weeks so early days. I have a girl and a boy already, with my daughter I didn't get symptoms until around 8 weeks but with my son I had them earlier. I think Tue thing that is really worrying me with this one is that I had symptoms then they suddenly went :(

Hey Cattia,

Never been pregnant but was there through the whole thing twice... My ex felt awesome with our first born (boy) but was sick as a dog with our daughter. Everyone is different and no two pregnancies are the same Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've had three healthy pregnancies, and each one was completely different, with regard to symptoms, nausea, etc. There simply is no way to know this early in the game how your baby is faring, except ultrasounds, etc. Later, of course, you can tell by the heartbeat, movement, growth, etc. But your symptoms or lack of them do not indicate anything about how well or poorly your baby is, only about how your body is responding to the pregnancy hormones. The only real indication that your baby is not well would be bleeding, and even then it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I had bleeding early in two of my three pregnancies, and the babies were fine.
    But please don't dwell on your symptoms or lack of, it truly doesn't mean anything in regard to the health of the fetus. If you're bleeding, then contact a health professional, but like I said, even that may not mean anything. A quarter of all women experience spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy.

Like I to!d you in your other thread, you must not over analyze this process. Your body knows how to do it, and has done it before. Your brain does not know how to do it. Nobody's does. To create an entirely new person? Only your body knows how to do that. When I was pregnant recently, I comforted myself with the thought that I had my first child when I was only sixteen, and as stupid as they come. If I could manage it back then, I certainly can now, since I know so much more.
    Your body knows how, and it will do all the work. Your brain's only job is to stop worrying.
    I believe you will be fine.I know that reassurance from strangers doesn't help much, but i truly have a very strong feeling that you and your baby are both okay, and will continue to be.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot. A week today until I get my first scan.

Hi Cattia, as much as I'm also sure everything is fine, as its a private scan could you ask them to bring it forward just to put your mind at rest? Or at least make them aware that you're available if they have a cancellation? I'm not sure if it works like that but if you explained your anxieties maybe they could help?

I'm sure all is well but it would really help you if you could be reassured.

I know a week seems like an age when you're waiting for something like this :( just try and keep busy xx

Thanks Lin, I really did think about moving it forward but my husband isn't back until Saturday and Wednesday is my day off work so I figured if I had the scan on Tuesday evening then if something is wrong I have Wednesday to go to the Dr or epu and figure out my options.

I have 3 kids. I was like that with my last one. (Find out I'm pregnant a month after i had my first anxiety attack ) the first 10 weeks i was worry if my baby will have heart beat. Worry about miscarriage. At 10 weeks appointment my Midwife find the heartbeats i feel a lot better. And after i start to worry about the 12 week scan. Worry about i will carry an unhealthy baby. After the scan i know 1:8600 chance i will carry an unhealthy baby. I start to feel a litter bit better. (But back my mind i still always think about it) and after i start to think my baby will come early. Will be premature....... in the end i have a healthy baby boy weight 7lb 11oz. He came 4 hours before his due date. What i try to said. I know is hard to tell you not think. Just try to tell you my story. Everything will be find.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information