Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: undiagnosed symptoms - cancer years later

undiagnosed symptoms - cancer years later

I've worried myself to death again about having cancer. Ive read a horrible story on the dailymail about women who had symptoms for 4 or 5 years which turned out to be cancer all along.

I was feeling reassured since my private MRI of my neck that I do not have cancer - but you read things like this and cant help but wonder.

I have been living life normally recently, stopped my valium, cut down on alcohol, doing things ive been putting off 'cos I thought i was going to be dead.

My physio on my neck starts middle of March and to be honest my neck symptoms have decreased so i have been less anxious. But i'm worried they've decreased only because ive taken my mind off it.

Something still isnt right with my neck and i still have discomfort under my arms - worried they are tumours or bone pain.

it sounds like im gonna have to wait 5 years until i am 100% sure i do not have cancer :(

Re: undiagnosed symptoms - cancer years later

Then after 5 years you will have to wait another 5 years to see if it is still cancer.

OR you could just live your life and forget about cancer and make the most of every day NOW

You need to move on from this Darren.

I never knew I was going to have a heart attack at 42 - life is uncertain and we can't wait for something to happen. We just have to get on with it regardless.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Darren1 View Post
    I've worried myself to death again about having cancer. Ive read a horrible story on the dailymail about women who had symptoms for 4 or 5 years which turned out to be cancer all along.
    Why do you read that rubbish?

Margaret Thatcher

If that was today, Darren, then I stupidly read that article as well.

Here's the thing, though - it was about OVARIAN cancer. Now, unless your username is very misleading, surely even you can't worry about that!!

Best piece of advice I can give to anyone is to not read the daily mail. It's more than well known for it's trash. It's tabloids to sell. Don't believe everything you read.

Papers run stories and actresses and actors take part for the experience and the exposure it gives them and they can add it to their CV. A huge portion of it is BS

I hope you're ok and feeling somewhat better x

Darren,

It's less than a month since you had your MRI which was clear. Don't let that hard earned money go to waste.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Then after 5 years you will have to wait another 5 years to see if it is still cancer.

OR you could just live your life and forget about cancer and make the most of every day NOW

You need to move on from this Darren.

I never knew I was going to have a heart attack at 42 - life is uncertain and we can't wait for something to happen. We just have to get on with it regardless.
    This is very true Darren, live for the now, plus I wouldn't always believe the stuff you read in the papers - a lot of it is garbage. We all have a choice in life, either to sit and worry about what could happen, or choose to live life in the now and enjoy every moment, because one day it will be up. I know what I'd rather do

Ex-sufferer of anxiety and panic disorder, I am willing to help anyone, so feel free and ask for help

i must stop reading these stories, they are obviously triggers

all i can do is live i guess!

You really must. I go to the Daily Mail for light entertainment - mainly to laugh at their ridiculous stories about "celebrities" (Lauren Goodger steps in puddle! Mark Wright wears shorts on beach!) but yeah, today on their website the THESE WOMEN WENT UNDIAGNOSED FOR YEARS was pretty much staring me in the face. It was quite triggering for me as well. That's enough Daily Mail for me, thanks. Suddenly convinced that my 'symptoms' (which are logically anxiety + coming off the contraceptive pill) are indicative of ovarian cancer, even though I don't have bloating or abdominal pain! Ridiculous.

Live for the moment, Darren. Enjoy the victories, both large and small. You have been feeling better. The MRI was clean and you are healthy. Success stories don't sell rags of newspapers, fear mongering stories do. For every story like what you read today, there are tens of thousand unprinted where everything was fine. Don't concentrate on the one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information