Thread: red chunks in stool,bloating, abdominal discomfort

red chunks in stool,bloating, abdominal discomfort

Hi! Im new to nomorepanic. I am male 21 yrs old. It has been about a 1 and a half month now that i have been experiencing problems with my stomach or should i say in the colon.

it started when i felt like having a gas trapped all day on the upper part of my abdomen. no pain but its very uncomfortable doing stuffs all day.

the abdominal discomfort didnt go away for 2 weeks so i went to see with a gastroenterologist, i told her all the symptons i had experienced( abdominal discomfort, a feeling of gas trapped on the upper part of abdomen.
    she prescribed me gasmotin for 20 days( i dont know if it helped or it worsen if these symptons are side effects ive been experiencing now)

there were times that i was weak, frequent urine, waking up in the middle of the night,feeling hot, feeling cold. woke up shivering/shaking, backpain, pain in sternum, weight loss

from time to time ive been searching google for symptons that ive been experiencing, i started being hypochondriac, too many serious diseases even stomach and bowel cancer came into my thoughts as these were googles answer to my research and from time to time its making me anxious. from gallstones to uti to enlarged prostate,hepatitis. until i found articles, blogs forum that talks about how anxiety ibs are related.

but still im worried for serious disease i might have.
    ive been observing my stools everyday, there was about 10 of 40+ days that i saw red chunks in stool.
    this morning i saw again red chunks in my stool. i believe its not food . i
    but i feel normal now, i can run, walk i can do stuffs i normally do. but sometimes i feel very very very slight pain in stomach upper, lower, left side

i still have abdominal discomfort( sometimes)
    Last edited by Katroe23; 19-02-14 at 21:08.

Re: red chunks in stool,bloating, abdominal discomfort

Welcome to the forum Katroe

If this problem was with your intestines being ripped out then you'd probably be in extreme pain and incredibly sick!

It does sound like you need to go back to your gastro doctor and tell her you're still not feeling good. She might try a different approach or run different tests to see what else might help you. It might be good to keep a food diary to see what foods are upsetting you?

Anxiety and stress will always make these things worse, so please it would be a good idea for you to look into stress management too. Staying away from Google should be your first step!

I agree with honeylove on this, the first thing is to stay away from Dr Google... he can be a cruel and heartless friend.

I am a IBS sufferer, though up until recently harsh symptom free. I had IBS in my early 30's and the trigger was a stressful breakup and job. Now I seem to be getting niggling symptoms again. Firstly it was the stomach (diagnosed with gastritis) and now bowels. If I'm honest I am currently going through another stressful period of my life. Can you ask yourself the same question, apart from the symptoms is there anything going on in your life that is worrying you, work, relationship? Sometimes these stresses can manifest into real physical symptoms that only make matters worse...

Keep us updated and try to chill more.

Up,,,............

Thread Information