Thread: Don't have any friends because I don't want any. What's the problem?

Angry Don't have any friends because I don't want any. What's the problem?

What's so bad about this exactly? I'm MUCH more happier with my family since they don't cause any drama, use me, or eventually move on from me. They love me to death and I love them to death.

I'm so sick of ignorant people telling me to 'get a life', 'get off your lazy ass and get a job' or 'wow, go outside and meet friends'.

Firstly, I've tried to apply for JSA and got rejected immediately as they told me to get better (I've got disabilities) before I sign up. So what the hell do you want me to do?? Also, I do go out, but only with family and when my mum wants any help with the shopping. Me and my mum are also carers of my older sister who has autism. So, it's not like I'm not doing anything at all, is it?!

I'm sooo tired with society and how they expect you to help and interact with people. Why? They don't give a rats ass about me, so why should I? Besides, I don't go out causing trouble like most teenagers do these days. I mainly just stay in and play video games or go out with my mum.

Can anyone else relate? Also, sorry for the rant. I'm not in a very good mood tonight..

.....and a ninja.

Re: Don't have any friends because I don't want any. What's the problem?

Hi there, can you try applying for ESA instead of JSA as you have disabilities? I am on ESA because of all my health problems, you should be able to get some money, maybe go to CAB to get help with a claim?

Who is telling you to get a job, meet friends etc if you don't go out that much? Anyway its no one elses business what you do or don't do.

I guess if most people were in your situation it wouldn't be fulfilling, they probably think you are missing out on some fun. Closing yourself off to the world is pretty radical but I think your life sounds perfectly normal and nice. I'd love to be that close to my family!

I'm a vegetarian born and raised, I'm cool with my friends eating meat around me and I've even tried meat. If it ever comes up in conversation people often seem to think it's acceptable for them to vomit their pro meat opinions on me and tell me how stupid I am etc.

People love to judge. If you're happy then carry on doing what you're doing!

Its your choice, unhelpful comments like those come from immature people who lack empathy so dismiss them.

If you are happy, thats all that matters, but by not engaging with others are you staying in safety behaviours that prevent you from moving on. I only say that because I dont know your situation.

In terms of work, its about social responsibility and the ability to provide for you and your family. However, if you are unable to do this due to disability or cant for now due to anxiety issues, you are entitled to get better and have time to do so, or do what you can with a disability.

There are usually charities for specific disabilities that might be best to help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    What's so bad about this exactly? I'm MUCH more happier with my family since they don't cause any drama, use me, or eventually move on from me. They love me to death and I love them to death. Yeah family is for life - friends come and go. Also, you know who your true friends are in life.

I'm so sick of ignorant people telling me to 'get a life', 'get off your lazy ass and get a job' or 'wow, go outside and meet friends'. Ignorant people are ignorant people - you have a life, you choose what you want to do with it and there's no rule to say you need to have friends.

Firstly, I've tried to apply for JSA and got rejected immediately as they told me to get better (I've got disabilities) before I sign up. So what the hell do you want me to do?? Also, I do go out, but only with family and when my mum wants any help with the shopping. Me and my mum are also carers of my older sister who has autism. So, it's not like I'm not doing anything at all, is it?!That's nice of JSA (Not). At least you're trying! There's nothing wrong with going out with family. You are very caring looking after your older sister. No its not like you're not doing anything at all, at all!

I'm sooo tired with society and how they expect you to help and interact with people. Why? They don't give a rats ass about me, so why should I? Besides, I don't go out causing trouble like most teenagers do these days. I mainly just stay in and play video games or go out with my mum. You don't have to interact with ANYBODY - If you choose to live a solitary life (with family), there is NOTHING wrong with that. You have to make life the best for yourself. Teenagers these days as opposed to yesteryear have no self respect and only care about who they knocked off the previous day, smoking, maybe drugs etc. (at least that was what it was like at my college, for the most part). Playing video games I found to be very entertaining for me when I was a youngster - still play them now. You have a life that you shouldn't look down on and give the two middle fingers to society.

Can anyone else relate? Also, sorry for the rant. I'm not in a very good mood tonight..Yes I can relate very much - I was a solitary person and have little social life. Doesn't make you any less of a person. Also, what you see out and about in the streets with people isn't always the true picture. For example, they may act as friends, but a lot of the time, its someone trying to fit in. I take life with an open mind now and don't have many regrets about the fact I didn't overcome my bullying at college. It wasn't me who was at fault.
    There's nothing wrong with you! Just enjoy your life ok?

If it doesn't impact you negatively, then there's nothing wrong with having no friends.

Thread Information