Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who here has been abused as a child?

Re: Who here has been abused as a child?

my hubby was physically and emotionally abused by his mum through his young years and also bullied bad at school, as a result of this he is not very confident in alot of ways but very confident in others. he suffers ibs and low self esteem but he is the nicest person i know, kind, generous and caring and the only peron who has trully loved me for me and understand why i am like i am. i love him loads xx

I've never been able to understand how parents can hurt someone they love? I was little tearaway when I was a child and my father used to knock hell out of me. I can remember my mother saying "don't hit him on the head" when he was hitting me. I dare say I deserved it when I did get hit though. What was the most unforgivable thing he did was to kill my pet rabbit in front of me. I was about 6 and me and my sister where misbehaving. He told us a couple of times to stop it but we just carried on, so he just took the rabbit out of the cage and Killed it front of us, and to add insult to injury, he ate it the next day. Unfortunately I inherited his extreme bad temper and it took me a lot of hard work to destroy it. I can honestly say that the only abuse I've did to my kids is slapping them on the wrists, and that troubles me for some time after.

Tom

I was emotionally bulied by my parents from being a toddler to present day.
    Constantly verbally abused and put down .. told not normal every day and a freak. Wished I would change and become a better person.

Bullied in primary school by a teacher and male member of my class in juniors

Bullied at secondary school by a group of girls who dragged me accross the field by my hair... moved schools

Next school I was raped and abused by my first boyfriend at the age of 13. Took it upon himself to get the whole class year to turn against me.
    Bullied by class mates for befriending a disabled girl and helping her. Constantly called a 'lemon', as a consequence I bullied her.

College.. only time of happiness and no bullying

University, bullied by male members in my residential hall, food smothered over my dorm door and set alight. Namely I wouldnt sleep with some individuals. One girl in particular was also nasty.

Bullied by my fiance physically and emotionally, left to defend for myself. Dont trust men at all!!

Last job I was bullied emotionally by a colleague that I took further and she was found guilty as charged.

God theres a apattern forming here.

Yup emotionally and physically mainly by my mother, I think it was more emotional because as soon as I got big enough the physical aspect slowed down a lot. My father is a recovering Alcoholic, remember many a night with my parents threatening to kill each other. Then when my mother decided to go on holiday minus me and my brother, my father threatened to kill both of us. Stupid thing is I still feel an emense duty towards my mother...sucker for punishment

Been very anxious as a child and remember being bullied by my brothers and a various "friends"

I was very badly bullied at primary school from 9 to 11 years by a family member. My parents did nothing about it which I find hard to forgive. M personality changed drastically as before then I was a happy and extroverted child but they turned me into an anxious paranoid introverted wreck. I still see the relation who bullied me at family gatherings and she is all sweetness and light and has probably forgotten the harm she did me.
    I was an only child and my mother was still very sad because the daughter she had before me died at 3 years and the next year I was born while she was still grieving. She treated me a friend instead of a child and told me things about her marriage and my father that I wish she had never done. I feel that is a form of abuse beause it was too much for me to handle at that age and spoiled my relationship with my dad.

I was abused by a family member when i was a child and rejected by another, i blame that for all my problems, i have low self esteem, no confidence, am too sensitive and think no one likes me........ i've been told thats silly and lots of people like me but i still believe i'm worth nothing so why should anyone else think any different!

I was sexually abused from 4 - 6yrs of age by a next door neighbour.
    20 years ago i had counselling and all this came out in the open. I was advised to tell my mum (apparently to help her understand me better?) but when i approached her about it she said she'd always suspected that and even knew who it was before i told her? She even told me shed been abused sexually by her next door neighbour when she was 5yrs old too, i was gobsamacked. I still cant get my head round that one! surely if she had an idea something wasnt right, why didnt she do something to help and stop this.
    I wouldnt be responsible for my actions if anyone tried to hurt my child

I had a pretty bad time of it when i was younger rather not go into it as it really upsets me and when i mention it to my sister i get the comment oh get over it it happened and was in the past

me, i also think adding a poll to this tread might be good?

Wink Re: Who here has been abused as a child?

Hi, I was abused on every level through out my childhood.I was builled at school and during my first marriage. When I bring up my childhood with my mother she say's"your childhood wasn't as bad as you remmber" how the hell did she know. she was to busy being friendly with men behind my fathers back.
    After reading everyones posts there must be a link between anx and other depressive illness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information