Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sick of feeling like this ...pancreatic c worries

sick of feeling like this ...pancreatic c worries

since the beginning of January I have been getting some awful symptoms, slight stitch in left rib somewhere, upper left back burning and aching from spine to shoulder blade, and random shooting twinge like pains in my left abdomen , the only way I can describe the area of the twinges is directly 2-3 in below my left nipple area , which go as far down as in line with my navel. on a pain scale 1-20 they are a 2, so not too painful.

dr google tells me I have oancreatic cancer, pancreatitis or an ulcer, I tested negative for h pylori so an ulcer is unlikely.
    ultrasound I had in oct on my ovaries showed nothing on my pancreas .
    really freaking out and cant stop looking for cancer statistics on pan c :( iv 3 lovely kids that need me .

lansoprazole and ranitidine aren't working for my supposedly reflux.

Re: sick of feeling like this ...pancreatic c worries

I have same symptoms and am waiting for an ultrasound scan. Really anxious . Have had the dull ache in the area of my left ribs at the back it often feels like a pulling sensation. How long have you felt like this? Mine has been 2 months now and very worrying. One thing I have stopped doing is googling symptoms, only attributes to my growing anxiety. Hope you are feeling better very soon .

since the beg of jan.
    I had ultrasound in oct but it was to check on my ovaries but apparently they checked all over. no abnormalities shown.
    iv just been crying my eyes out in the bath,, cant live like this anymore :( today is the day I am going to stop googling.

I have the same worries and waiting for endoscopy. I had a scan on my ovaries last year for ovarian cancer worry but didn't realise that May have shown my pancreas?

I can tell you for certain you don't have pancreatitis. I've had it, it's unpleasant. You'd be very poorly.

I was given my results for the scan and thought nothing more of it until this current problem came and the dr said your pancreas,spleen,liver, and kidneys all fine on scan. I asked were they definetly scanned she replies yes despite me not realising. however I don't think they were scanning me for long enough to check all of these things.
    why are you getting an endoscopy?what does th dr think is the problem ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Worriedwellornot View Post
    I have the same worries and waiting for endoscopy. I had a scan on my ovaries last year for ovarian cancer worry but didn't realise that May have shown my pancreas?

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

I don't think I have pancreatitis, I am convinced it is pancreatic cancer
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyanxious View Post
    I can tell you for certain you don't have pancreatitis. I've had it, it's unpleasant. You'd be very poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by stressedmamof3 View Post
    the dr said your pancreas,spleen,liver, and kidneys all fine on scan. I asked were they definetly scanned she replies yes despite me not realising. however I don't think they were scanning me for long enough to check all of these things.
    I'm sorry you're still so worked up, stressedmam, but this is making me scratch my head a little. How long do you think it takes to scan? It's not like those things are miles apart--they're all in the same neighborhood . And I can't tell if you're thinking the doctor is lying to you, or if the doctor saw scan images and didn't notice there were no internal organs in it. Neither of these are very likely.

Nothing you've been describing sounds like pancreatic cancer (has IBS ever been discussed with you?), and I'm concerned that those three lovely kids are losing their mum to anxiety right now more than they ever will to this highly unlikely cancer. Are you doing anything for your anxiety, stressedmam? That's the best thing you can do for those kids.

your right, this is taking over my life... I can normally pull myself out of it but this time I cant :( therapy didn't work (cbt) nor has the tablets I got from homeopothist.

my kids need me but I feel useless atm

Anxiety is kind of like addiction--help isn't always enough to cure it the first time--so I'd encourage you to try again. Why don't you have a look at the online CBT4panic course that's available through here? It might feel good to at least feel like you're exploring options, and it doesn't cost anything.

You mentioned pancreatitis further up.
    Will you not consider it could be Ibs caused by worrying over your symptoms? It's a vicious circle. The first thing to go when you worry us your digestive system as your body is busy preparing for a fight and isn't interested in digesting food.
    I think you need to go to the dr (i know you've been already) be straight with them, tell them you think you have cancer, see what they say and then try and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information