Thread: Why is nothing straightforward? Any advice please

Why is nothing straightforward? Any advice please

I had a mammogram and the radiologist saw a 'shadow', as it was new since the previous mammogram a few years ago it was biopsied and it came back as completely normal benign breast tissue.

Went for my follow up and the breast consultant is still considering removing it even though it's benign due to the fact it showed as something new on the mammogram. He seemed a bit baffled by it.

This has totally confused me, I don't know what to think, why remove something that's completely benign.

Anybody else been through this?

Thanks

Guiltyw

Re: Why is nothing straightforward? Any advice please

Guiltyw, I had a huge cyst last year, doctor said if it did not drain itself out, she wanted me to have it drained out and also send it to the lab. She did not want it to hide any abnormalities in the future. The radiologist who did my ultrasound just said if it bothered me or became painful I could have it drained. No worries. Maybe it is the same in your case?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Montana,

It's so confusing, just want to get it sorted

Thread Information