Thread: Hi I am New - Terrible Anxiety

Hi I am New - Terrible Anxiety

Hi everyone I have just joined. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for years. I have been on medication for about 7 years now and tried to come off it a number of times. It was changed last week to up my citalopram and reduce my mirtzapine. I woke up Wednesday at 5am with a panic attack out of nowhere. Its now been going on since then and I feel so awful. My stomach hurts because it has been so tense for 3 days and I just want it to stop. I feel like I want to end it all as I can't cope with feeling like this anymore. If I didn't have kids I probably would have given up ages ago. Please help, does anyone else feel like this and has got throug hit? x

Re: Hi I am New - Terrible Anxiety

Hi,
    Yes I know exactly how you feel... See my post today on my rumination problem with anxiety.
    Anxiety is an emotion, but a really difficult one to handle as the more we dislike it the worse it gets.
    Like me, we have to find a way of allowing ourselves to feel anxiety without all the mental distress that we add ourselves. If we can let it be, allow it, it will calm down on its own.... But I don't do that, I work on it, fight with my thoughts and feelings and so keep it alive.
    It's a really difficult thing to do, to just feel anxious and let it be....

Re: Hi I am New - Terrible Anxiety

Hey there,
    I know exactly how you're feeling, I've been there to and I also thought I would never get over it, but I have. Just hang in there, never give up because you are truly a really strong person, anyone who has tolerated anxiety and panic attacks for so long...is incredibly strong. I suffered for 10 years and have been over it for three years. The best thing to do is to give up to your anxiety, stop fighting it and go with it, walk into it. You will be more in control if you stop fighting.

Ex-sufferer of anxiety and panic disorder, I am willing to help anyone, so feel free and ask for help

Thread Information