Thread: breast lump....breast clinic mind in overdrive

breast lump....breast clinic mind in overdrive

ok so I found a lumpy area in my left breast a little while ago and I finally went to the doctors yesterday and he had a feel and felt what I felt its not a typical round lump as such but more like long shaped and harder than the rest of my breast tissue anyway he has referred me to the breast clinic to get checked over so now I have to wait for a appointment to come and drive my self mad :( he said he doesn't think its anything to worry about but im worrying the worst what if I have cancer and I die and leave my children my number 1 fear was cancer and now im here waiting to see about a lump....I cant stop thinking im petrified I just keep thinking and feeling like im going to get the worst possible outcome is it my anxiety talking or my gut feeling I don't know what to do I cant stop my mind from wondering and thinking these awful scenarios nothing is helping im 27 years old with two beautiful children

Re: breast lump....breast clinic mind in overdrive

You are jumping to the worst case scenario when it is probably nothing sinister at all. I had a similar scare and mine was benign. Lumps in breasts are quite common and most times end up to be nothing serious. If your doctor says he doesn't think it is anything to worry about then I am sure he will be right.

thank you for your reassurance I hope so its just the waiting around letting my mind wander allsorts of crazy things I just cant stand waiting scared isa understatement at the minute x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know the waiting is not nice and you are just desperate for the reassurance. Hopefully your appointment will come through soon. Just try to keep telling yourself that the majority of breast lumps are normal.

Thread Information