Thread: Can't get any relief from anxiety

Can't get any relief from anxiety

I've been suffering from anxiety for nearly 6 weeks (thought it came out of nowhere but apparently it's an adjustment reaction to a major op I had just before Christmas).

Anyway, after a disastrous start on Citalopram, my doctor switched me to sertraline 50mg but after nearly 3 weeks, apart from the odd random almost normal day (last one over a week ago), I don't feel any better at all. She also prescribed diazepam to help but even 10mg doesn't touch the anxiety. I have another apt tomorrow but I suspect she will just up the dose of the sertraline and who knows how long it will take to work, if it even does?

The problem is, I don't even know what I'm anxious about but I have the feeling from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed. I can't take much more of this. It's affecting my whole life. Last time I was at work I had a panic attack so too scared to go but being home alone all day gives me too much time to think! I'm just scared of feeling scared!

I have been referred for group CBT but that doesn't start for another 4 weeks. Feel like I may go mad before then.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Re: Can't get any relief from anxiety

I'd definitely agree it's a reaction to the surgery.

Thread Information