Thread: My healthy anxiety is back...

My healthy anxiety is back...

Hi there everyone,

This is my first post and these forums, and I'm quite happy to be a member here and starting off with this thread.

First of all, I'm a 23 year old male who is healthy and living a pretty good life, which I am really thankful for. I've never had any problems, and I was always so confident and not afraid to do anything. Until I got my first bout of anxiety, around 3 years ago.

It all started when I had a health scare a few years back. One night, I woke up from my sleep and fainted. I had no idea why that happened, but it did. So I did an MRI, ECG, blood tests, and everything came back fine. I was still ok at that time. A year later, I got two other ones, which were similar. Did another ECG, MRI, blood tests, heart scans, and everything was fine! Which is great, because I don't have a major problem.

But I started to worry, and constantly think about it, and what if it happens again. I would wake up at night and have panic attacks. Those eventually became into the anxiety problem, and I was constantly worrying about everything, and about my health. I would also worry I would pass out at
    any moment (it hasn't happened in over 4 years now, since that last time). Anyways, I went to a therapist, and eventually I got rid of this anxiety disorder, and started to live my life normally again. It went on for about two years, everything is ok, until recently.

I've been being too busy and stressed out with work, that I started not getting enough sleep and feeling tired. When I am tired, I always worry that I will pass out or something bad will happen. These thoughts became more frequent, and now my body is feeling physically tired and drained. I started going back to my therapist, and it has somewhat helped. There are good days, and there are bad. I did a blood test two days ago, and that came back fine as well. I am only waiting for the results on the thyroid test, which is driving me crazy, because now I am telling myself All this is because I probably have a problem with my thyroids, even though I did a thyroid test two years ago, and it came back normal. I'm gonna have to wait over a week to get it, and all these thoughts are just bothering me. Then the depersonalisation kicks in, and it also scares me.

Even though I know what all this is, and I did beat it before, it just seems harder much the second time. It's mostly because the physical symptoms, and this fear of passing out. I'm always try to eat every few hours so I don't feel hungry, because when I'm hungry, "I won't have enough energy".

Sorry for writing so much, but I just had to let it all out.

Re: My healthy anxiety is back...

Hi there and welcome to the forum! It must have been scary to wake up and faint, and even scarier not knowing what caused it. Many of us experience distressing symptoms for which there is no explanation. That's when our minds can start generating anxiety - what caused it? Will it happen again? The fact that you haven't fainted for four years suggests that the condition has gone. Did the doctor do a blood pressure test, because sometimes waking up can sometimes cause a big variation?

You sound very stressed and the lack of sleep doesn't help. I would suggest sharing your fears with your doctor. Your doctor may want to do more tests to reassure you, and perhaps suggest you do a course of CBT. I hope you resolve your issues soon.

Yes, I've checked my BP many times, and it's always been fine. Even when I feel woozy, it's fine.

My therapist is great, and he does help. My family are also very supportive of me.

These feelings are just so annoying, as I am sure many of you know.

Hi to the forum, there is loads of help and support on here.

Hi the fainting at night could be a stress related problem ,We where scared stiff a few years back when my son was getting particularly stressed at school ,We where seated down stairs it was late like 12pm and we heard this BIG thump frightened the life out of me i ran up stairs and my son was laying on the floor he had completely passed out after waking from sleep took him straight to doctors they checked him out he was fine this happened to him 2 times hes still fine living a happy life.

Thanks for the replies.

You know, in the time being, I am almost convinced theres something wrong with my thyroids. Because the other blood tests are fine, and I need to wait a week for this one to come back, and I am really worried about the results. Even though the only symptom I have is feeling tired and anxious, but I just can't get that though out of my head.

I also get hungry quickly, which is frustrating! My glucose levels are fine, so I think to myself, it must be the thyroids! Last time I did that test was two years ago, and they were ok.

Sorry for my rant guys.

Quote Originally Posted by illcoolz View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

You know, in the time being, I am almost convinced theres something wrong with my thyroids. Because the other blood tests are fine, and I need to wait a week for this one to come back, and I am really worried about the results. Even though the only symptom I have is feeling tired and anxious, but I just can't get that though out of my head.

I also get hungry quickly, which is frustrating! My glucose levels are fine, so I think to myself, it must be the thyroids! Last time I did that test was two years ago, and they were ok.

Sorry for my rant guys.
    I had the same issue with my thyroids about 4 weeks back test came back normal,You will eat more as your worrying more burning up lots of energy

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterjames View Post
    I had the same issue with my thyroids about 4 weeks back test came back normal,You will eat more as your worrying more burning up lots of energy
    You mean you always felt hungry and thought it may have been your thyroids, then your thyroid turned out to be fine? I'm glad to hear that.

I'm looking forward to seeing my results.

Thread Information