Thread: My front tooth

My front tooth

Hi guys,
    I am an healthy young 12 year old boy. I have recent been having problems with my bottom left front tooth.
    Sometimes, when I push it inward, there is pain on my tooth. Sometimes, it doesn't hurt. But it doesn't hurt when eating. But mostly it hurts when I play my clarinet.
    Sometimes, when I brush my teeth, there a tingle on the top of the tooth. Sometimes, it doesn't.
    I am panicked about this as I read about root canals, gum disease, and I am very worried. What could this be?

Re: My front tooth

Hello. Is tooth perhaps slightly out of alignment with the others or is the pressure of your clarinet slightly pressing it into an uncomfortable position? (I had braces as an adult) so know quite a bit about teeth!!!! If you keep pressing the tooth it may also cause some pain after a while. Your teeth will still be adjusting their position at your age, so you may find they move into a more comfortable position as your jaw grows. Perhaps you could mention this at your next dental appointment. Keep flossing and brushing and you'll be fine!

Hope this helps.

Hi,
    I'm sure the tooth is fine, as Lucy said, it doesn't sound like an unhealthy tooth. I used to get sore teeth from playing the clarinet when I was your age and I found it was sometimes resting slightly wrong in my mouth which caused some tooth discomfort.
    Definitely bring it up at your next dental appointment just to put your kind a rest though :-)

Good luck!
    Sarah

Try not to worry, mention it on your next dentist appointment I know that I geet dofferent tooth pains when I eat and drink depending on the food/drink! Could it be related to this? Whatever it is I'm sur sky can be sorted, although maybe you are over focusing on your tooth? I know I do that when I'm anxious!! Are You very stressed at the moment? How about asking your when your next dentist appointment is and just let her know how your tooth feels!

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    I don't think my tooth is the problem!
    When left alone, my tooth doesn't ache, but only when I play the clarinet it does.
    So I mentioned this to my band teacher and showed her how I play my clarinet, and she said my mouth is at the wrong position. I use that position now and it doesn't hurt anymore! Thanks, guys!

Thread Information