Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me

Re: Please help me

I don't know if I can do it. I have never felt so bad in my life. I keep thinking maybe I would have been fine if I hadn't started these meds. I don't know what to do. I'm scared if I stop taking them I will be unable to function but I also feel unable to function on them. I can't cope with these side effects.

Hi Nova, I was in the same situation as you, and I realized that I would be unable to get better by myself. It is true that the starting can be a rough ride for some and I also got very bad anxiety, worst than pre-medication. But very fast after a few days I stopped having adrenalin rush which was a big thing already because I was frozen the whole day by those awful rush.
    I know how tough it is but hang on there everyday is closer to you feeling better. Take care

Nova it is day 23 for me and I feel good, so you get there as well

Don't worry about all the sensations, prickly feeling, chest pressure, rib cage pain, burning on the skin ... the list is long, it is only anxiety. I have had that for 15 years and I am still here.
    Last edited by helena8888; 28-02-14 at 10:26.

Thanks Helena. I just seem to be constantly on the edge of panic and it's so hard to bear. I had severe anxiety premeds but I didn't have panic.

Just had a call from the doctor that prescribed the sertraline. He says all the side effects sound normal and tend to peak around day 3-4. He said for most people, by a week the side effects are diminished or completely gone.

He also thinks I might be anemic which can mimic the symptoms of anxiety. So to have my bloods checked.

So I have to keep hanging on in there.

Nova what kind of medication apart from sertraline they gave you?

I have lorazepam. I haven't taken it today though. I seem to have had a burst of positivity today since the morning and have been playing a fun game of 'let's pretend I don't have anxiety' not really convinced it's working but it's better than sitting about convincing myself I'm going to die soon how are you feeling today? X

No your not!!!!! You are strong womam. Please do not think like that. You going to get through this. I thought I was going to die last July look at me I'm still here.
    Sending you massive hugs.

Day 5 of the sertraline. Last two nights I haven't slept more than about 3-4 hours. Woke up this morning and the usual panic symptoms. Tried to lie in bed for a bit then gave up. Feel so shaky and sick this morning. Checked my weight for the first time. Just under eight stone. I really hope I start feeling better soon, the thought of eating at the moment makes me feel sick but I know I have to do it. I have at least had a shower this morning. Believe it or not, I have been scared to even be by myself in the shower. Last time I ended up in a total fit of tears and panic.

Morning Nova.
    Don't count the days count the improvements
    Better days will come. I understand you so much cause it's funny but my daughter or my husband had to be with me so I could get inside the bath. Get some candles and sea salt with lavander and have a nice relax bath bfore bed it also helps. I also drink camomile tea before bed.
    Keep going you doing the right thing.

So aside from the morning anxiety and sobbing my eyes out saying goodbye to my brother, I have noticed today and yesterday I have felt more stable and less hypervigillent. Actually having some times where I am not constantly thinking bad/intrusive thoughts. Can the meds work this quickly?

Nova when I went to gp last time my doctor was happy because as soon as I started taking the tablets I started to feel the difference. It depends from person to person.
    You will see more improvements

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information