Thread: perimenopause ?

perimenopause ?

hi im nearly 51, heres my story, a couple of years ago my periods was coming 2 days early every month, for a few months then they went back to being regular, then, i missed 2 months, and then i had a couple that was a week or so early, then missed 2 months again now i came on a week or so late and i was very light for the first 3 days now im heavier i havent stopped yet its been going on for 13 days so far, not overly heavy but no sign of stopping, the thing that is worrying me is, i think im stopping and if ive been sat down for a while, when i stand up, i can feel a gush come out, also when i go to wee, i seem to lose it then, also when i wake up in the morning, i have to get up for fear of flooding the bed, its not really really heavy but i think im not ever going to stop, this is the first prolonged period ive had for years and im worried ive got either cancer or something else serious wrong with me, i dont get a sudden heat rush but do get a flushed face regular, and my boobs get swollen and tender for about 2 weeks solid out of the month, also to top it all ive had itchy chronic hives for the last 2 and a half years daily, i dont get low iron but get low ferritin and folate, have had blood tests for thyroid, liver ect, ive even seen a dermotologist who said it looks like physical hives, like heat hives and dermographism (skin writing), does anyone think its all down to my hormones or could stress be the cause, im fed up with it all now, im a generalized anxiety sufferer, anyone please

Re: perimenopause ?

It sounds very much like perimenopause. If you get heavy bleeding though I would have it checked out as you may have a polyp.

Could well be hormonal.. the pesky things control far more than we realise! Does your local hospital have a Menopause Clinic?? Worth asking your doctor, or ringing the hospital to find out... I'm under one, and have been for a few years now, and it's really good. Total understanding, support and advice - and meds if you need.

hi thanks for replys, im going to see dr monday morning, she did hormone test, and for iron and folate, hopefully dr will tell me more, the bleeding is not awfally heavy its a med flow but dosent seem to want to stop i can go for awhile without bleeding, only for a bit that i can feel coming out after sitting ect.. i dont seem to be losing many clots either, so hopefully not polyps x

hi well ive been back to the drs and im back on iron and folic acid tablets, ferritin was 8 not sure what folic acid levels are, dr said my hormone test is within the normal range so I don't know what to think now, also dr has refered me to a gastrologist (spelling) im worried something else is wrong now, can ferritin and folate levels keep going low because of acid reflux I don't want to google because I will worry myself silly
    Last edited by susan1963; 09-03-14 at 19:31.

Thread Information