Thread: Gurgling Stomach

Gurgling Stomach

Hi There, I have just joined today. So Im a newbie. I have been having or noticed this gurgling noise in my stomach. It has been happening for about 18 months now or I only noticed it 18 months ago. It only happens when I swallow liquids. I can count about 7 seconds after swallowing and then it will go gurgle gurgle. I know Im body watching but I don't seems to be able to stop.

Have been to the doctors numerous times and had numerous tests including the camera down. The consultant said there was nothing there and dispatched me back to my GP. Now I am so conscious of it. I wait for the noise everytime I drink. I keep having thoughts in my head that its serious. But my doctor does not seem worried about it.

If I sit up straight and drink its not quite as bad as if I lean back. I had a really nasty accident many moons ago when I was a kid. I got kicked in the stomach by a horse and there was sever damage to my stomach and intestines. Infact the two were detached. My doctor is saying its scar tissue. Not sure

Re: Gurgling Stomach

We are not doctors!
    http://voices.yahoo.com/what-causes-...g-5414107.html

What next,the different odours of farts..this is a panic and anxiety forum.Hope you are able to find the help you need(from the doctor).good luck.

Hi, colourednut. It may be due to scar tissue, but it also sounds pretty normal to me! That's why we have the lovely word "glug" for the noise liquids make when they're shoving air around--you've probably heard it in soda bottle or a drain sometimes, too. I wouldn't be surprised if a bad incident like yours made you a lot more aware of what was going on in your digestive system because you and everybody else had to be so protective of it for a while.

Have you thought about looking into ways to retrain yourself to accept it, like CBT or mindfulness? That might help you "glug" more calmly.

My stomach sounds like a water tank filling up when i lie down, I fact I tend to worry if it doesn't make a nose lol

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Noise not nose

I also have gurgling in my throat.... Weird

Thread Information