Thread: Depression/College and Medication

Depression/College and Medication

I was just wondering if you get any special consideration in the UK for college for your exams if you have depression ?

Also the college are well aware that i have depression as iv been put on medication that i no longer take due to the fact it is making me really ill and sick! , i was also wondering what college can do about my selfharm due to the fact they also know about this aswell an i ended up doing it in college and if you would like details on what happend feel free to messge me or just ask!
    basicly the lsa knew an told the nurse she basicly cleaned me up an told me that my cut looked new i didnt say anything witch was when they knew it was today more to the point all they seemed to do was take whatever it was i used off me and made me write a email to my councellor orignisation witch iv yet to be waiting for an apointment to see them again!
    was just wondering what college can do in the mean time while im waiting an what there aloud to do due to the fact im 18yrs olds

Re: Depression/College and Medication

I'm sure there's something they can sort out, I know for my exams in June I'm getting extra time and breaks. I'm sure there's other things they do though, especially if your on medication for it.

I'd imagine your counsellor would need to write to your college about it as well.

The best thing to do is ask your college

Well i have asked my college and well if i get a letter from my doctor that will back up that i have depression an well they already know about my medication as the nurse is well aware but i mean , will they be able to give me a time out pass etc or what can college do to support me ... ?
    i hate to ask college but i did well so far on my exam stuff i now have extra time and a reader .
    but i feel i need more support , like before my exams in the classroom i mean i will be lv 3 next year and need all the support i can get ..

I'm not sure of any extra things they could do for you to be honest, I see no reason why they couldn't give you a time out pass.

Maybe look online to see what alternatives there are? could you not also get like 1 to 1 revision time or anything?

Me again. We all need support.

During the early weeks of my illness, I really struggled. My wife did not understand and I kept my condition from my friends. Not that I wanted to talk to anyone.

But things got better with time. With Cit (and as everyone tells you on here), it gets worse before it gets better...slowly but surely things just didn't feel so bad.

Do you talk to your close friends and family? It really does help.

Keep in touch mate

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

How's you ShannieShann? Hope all well with you mate.

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

Thread Information