Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had gastritis?

Anyone had gastritis?

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Gastritis on Tuesday last week and have been taking ranitidine but it is getting gradually worse. I am seeing my GP tomorrow but I wondered if anyone has been through gastritis? It hurts in my back (which my GP told me was very possible in some people) but I googled before I went to the docs and the search results scared me silly. I feel like something is stuck in my throat and my neck feels full of air. I am also burping a lot. I feel the gnawing burning pain in my back and it keeps moving around. I am getting myself into a state and trying not to Google my worst fears. My poop had black flecks in it this morning and of course I freaked out even more. Anyone have experience of any of this?
    Claire x

Re: Anyone had gastritis?

I don't know what's going on with me either. Had stomach pains last week so put on omoprazole. Been on them six days now and while I have improved a bit today after my Sunday lunch I felt burning in the centre of my chest and like I couldn't breath and very full.
    I feel for you.

Thanks Mummy Anxious. I know as I sit here worrying about it, it is making the burning worse, but so hard to let worrying or painful symptoms go isn't it? I know some of the symptoms are directly caused by anxiety too (I've had them before) and I'm betting the anxiety had a lot to do with the gastritis as well. I have been very stressed since October. Xxxx

I just bought some chamomile tea and I am going to drink that and do my breathing exercises. I might get a blanket, a microwave wheatbag and put a film starring Vigo Mortenssen on. .
    X

Sounds like a plan Claire x x

The Vigo Mortenssen plan.

(Anxiety reducing already!)

I had it and also had pain in my back. And the gnawing pain in centre of my upper stomach.

I've got it again altho not the back pain.

Thanks for your reply x I don't feel much in my stomach at all, just a burning feeling somewhere in my chest, but the gnawing in my back is horrid, and the pressure in my throat x

What is the treatment for gastritis?

I was prescribed ranitidine, but I read on the Internet that omeprazole is also prescribed. I think you take the meds, watch your diet and wait it out. X

Do you get it from an infection or other causes? Im not googling...
    What dietary changes are recommended? Can't hurt to try this while I'm on the omoprazole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information