Thread: Back to square one

Back to square one

Does anybody else feel like they take 2 steps forward and 5 back , I had an ecg last week for chest pain , hubbie keeps saying it's because a friend of ours passed from a heart attack aged 42 but it's not I do have pain , ecg was fine and for a few days the pain went , now it's back and it's different it's like a pressing feeling on my chest , it is not in my head as my mom and husband keep telling me it is real I'm not imagining it , should I go back and request more tests , I'm scared to be alone incase I have a heart attack , I'm scared to go to my boxing class and I'm also scared to do anything strenuous , the pains not so bad today but it's there and yesterday it was awful :( x

Re: Back to square one

Hi rebeccad yeah it is in your head ,but your symptoms are there and they are real ,unfortunatley people who dont suffer dont really understand ,its not very helpful people saying its in your head I have the same comment made to me ,and yeah tell me something I dont know ,but dont be scared to go back to your gp if your worried im sure you be fine x

Re: Back to square one

Rebecca, it can be real pain and a reaction to the friend who died all at the same time. Anxiety-caused pain is very real and often very painful--it's not some special imagined pain that doesn't hurt. From what you're saying, your husband wasn't accusing you of making it up; he was making a reasonable guess about what's been triggering your anxiety.

So you have a clear ecg and, I suspect, a general "good to go" from the doctor. The best thing you can do for your heart is keep it healthy, which means making it work a little.

Thread Information