Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird thing under tongue

Weird thing under tongue

Hi all,

I've been staying off the forums and been receiving help to treat the HA, which is going well, but I've hit a bit of an obstacle.

I have a fear of oral cancer, and even though I know Fishman will be here shortly to dismiss my fears , I have a slight worry going on.

For the past week or so my mouth has been feeling "off", sore throat here and there, dull pain in the jaw area, etc etc.

I've dismissed it as wisdom tooth issues seeing as I have to get two out, which I am doing Friday. My dentist gave me a round of amoxicillin, which I have completed.

But last night I felt a weird tiny ball shaped thing in my mouth. The best I can describe it is that it's located where the floor of my mouth and the back of my gums meet. It's very tiny, kinda hard/rubbery, and I can sort of flick it with my tongue. It is also under the surface.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I know it's small but of course my anxiety kicked in.

As I mentioned, I'm getting my teeth out this Friday, so I will ask the dentist if it is still there, and I will ask my gf tonight to see if she has one too and it is just normal tongue anatomy, but for now I thought I'd ask the boards!

Thank you for your help!

Re: Weird thing under tongue

Hi Sean I got the same thing at the top of my mouth ,near my gum I went the doctors he said it was a cyst and the dentist wasnt worried about it go get it checked im sure you br fine x

I've had things like you describe and (sorry if this is TMI) I've popped them and fluid has come out and they've gone away! Sorry for being gross, but I've never worried about them before - they've always just gone away.

Probably nothing to be concerned about. Have your dentist take a look.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I actually think this is just normal anatomy. I have the same as you describe, and it has been there for as long as I can remember. I was actually moving it around with my tongue as I read your post. Honestly, I've never considered asking a doctor what it is because I just assume it is supposed to be there, haha. If you're really concerned ask your gp about it, or even a dentist.

Hey everyone thanks for your input

Yeah I don't think it's a cyst bc it's under the skin and I tried pushing it to pop but it seems like it's too hard

I spoke to my dentist on the phone and he didn't seem too concerned but said he'd check it out but my appointment got pushed to Monday (of course) so I'm a little more on edge now.

It doesn't seem like it got any bigger which is good. And it doesn't cause me any discomfort except when I play around with it it kinda gets sore.

I figured it was normal anatomy but my gf doesn't have it. But then again we are all different! But now I know someone else has felt it haha

I'm hoping it's nothing. Or if it is something that needs to go, hopefully it's benign.

The placement makes it so hard for me not to flick it with my tongue!

Good luck sean wishing you well try not to worry x

Ahahaha, I was seriously actually flicking mine with my tongue AGAIN before coming across the reply to this post and realising what I was doing. It makes me wonder how much I actually do flick around this little ball thing. It really does sound like the exact same thing. Try not to worry - as I said, I've had mine for as long as I remember, so I'd be dead by now if it were something serious!

Hahaha does yours ever get sore from flicking it too much? (Gross I know)

A quick update: My gf ended up feeling something similar and let me feel and it is similar to mine but WAYYYY smaller. So maybe its a salivary gland or something?

Ugh this wait is driving me crazy. I am freaking out a little more because I feel a small ball like lump under my jaw (which I've also had for a while) and the two of them together automatically equals Oral Cancer in my mind.

My dentist appointment can't come any sooner!!!

Hey all,

Still waiting for my dentist appt Monday

Just wanted to reup the thread and say that I have been feeling weird symptoms of discomfort or tingling around my mouth. And I'm really concerned that it is cancer mixed with the ball I found.

Does anyone ever experience tingling in the mouth, chin, or lips?
    It comes and goes but it has been happening for a couple days now

I also noticed I have tiny balls in my bottom lip... But I think everyone has this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information