Thread: Diazepam and blood test

Diazepam and blood test

I'm going through a really rough time at the moment. My anxiety is sky high and I think depression is too.

I haven't been able to sleep at all over the last night, an I have a blood test at 9:30. This will involve me walking a short distance alone etc.

Because of the anxiety being intense atm my agaraphobia has returned with a vengeance, an I literally don't think I'm going to be able to make it to the doctors.

I hate taking diazepam, but I think it's my only way.. Is it okay to take this before a blood test? Will it effect the results at all?

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 ----------

Well it doesn't matter any more as I cancelled it :( couldn't make it, feeling so pathetic. Agaraphobia was cured an now look at me.

Re: Diazepam and blood test

Sorry to hear that anxiety has got the best of you this time. Tomorrow is a new day.

Can you arrange for a mobile nurse/medic to come to your home to take blood? I think this is common in my country, Australia. A call to your GP's reception might be helpful.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't think I can do this, I've never heard of this happening, but its a good suggestion and something I will try. I had someone ring the GP for me earlier, as I have another appointment at 11:50 to discuss medication for anxiety. they said they would keep a slot for me for the blood test then if I am able to make that appointment..

Here's hoping the next few hours pick up for me

I think the home/office service is called "mobile phlebotomy" or "home phlebotomy". I am not sure of the details in the UK. It may require a doctor's request, and/or require extra insurance or payment of a fee.

Good luck.

Hi there, I'm agoraphobic and have most of my appointments with the doctor on the phone and he sends the nurse out when I need blood tests. I'm sure your practice will have a nurse as part of services.

Thread Information