Thread: Skin cancer worry

Unhappy Skin cancer worry

Hello everyone , just recently did the concern of cancer even strike my mind. I had previously seen a mole on my left shoulder but thought nothing of it. It wasnt until last night it dwelled on me thAt maybe thats why i have a swollen lymph node and stiff neck sensation. I scared i should have had it checked out sooner

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: Skin cancer worry

Welcome to NMP.

If its a strange mole get it checked then you wont have to worry. Most are fine and normal.

Sarah

Don't dwell on it and don't google !!!! If you take one piece of advice from me it's don't google. I've read it all and it's all horrendous and I wish I could unread it all. If you're worried see you're gp who can reassure you x

This has been my worry for a year after discovering a mole behond my ear had flakey skin on it. I checked every mole and found something I didnt like in every mole. I convinced myself the worst news possible but dragged myself to a doctor after months of worrying.
    Turns out all my moles in every shape, size and colour were normal. I left the doctors relieved but then started second guessing his opinion and saw another doctor. Turned out again they were all normal. A year later I am trying to break out of an OCD that involves complete skin checks everyday and going through litres of sunscreen to avoid something I cant ultimately control.

moral to the story.....if you dont like it, get it checked and stop worrying. It's not worth your energy worrying....

Thread Information