Thread: Blood test in morning, advice please

Jem27 Guest

Blood test in morning, advice please

My HIV/Syhalis test is at 9.15am, im petrified, its suddenly hit me that as from tomorrow its out of my hands and what will be will be.

I saw my GP last week for the form and he gave me some counselling, told me it would deffinatly be negative etc..... he said the result takes up to a week to come back, they say this about all bloods. I have my bloods done every 2 mths to test my iron count and I get the results within 24 hours even though im told to not bother ringing for a week.

I am not sure how im going to cope waiting, everytime the phone rings I will jump out of my skin. I have booked an appointment for Thursday to see my GP, he might even think thats abit ott of me as he said a week but im sure by then the result will be on his computer, the hospital is fairly quick. I just can't face ringing up for a result like that and hearing it over the phone from a receptionist otherwise id just ring on Tuesday and wednesday to see if its back, I feel I need to either hear it from my GP or see him in person so thats why I booked Thursdays appointment.

Do you think it would be wrong of me to ring him at teatime tomorrow to see if he has the result or to ask if he could ring the lab? he is obviously a very busy man and I don't want to annoy him. When my son had a full blood count to rule out childhood cancers because of a lump the drs found in his neck back in June he had the bloods done on the childrens ward at 3pm and at 6pm that evening i rung my GP who rung the lab and got the result for me but it was marked as priority by the ward but my GP was lovely about that.

Arghhh not sure what to do but im so scared.

Hi Jem

I should tell gp haw anxious you are over results and ask him to speed it up im sure he will help

Good luck for tomm and im sure the results will be fine

Take care

luv kaz x x x

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Kaz,

I might give him a ring or try to see him after ive seen the nurse to see if he can ring them up for me.

Jem27 Guest
    He said it will be 2 weeks for results, I spoke to him today:-(

I remember waiting for weeks just to get the results for an EEG and Blood Glucose Test to see if I had epilepsy or diabetes. It turned out I just had hypoglycemia. I was extremely anxious during the waiting period, but I eventually got over the fear of having seizures before I even got the results. Just try not to worry about the test results, I'm sure they are fine. If they aren't then the doctors will know what to do to make you better. Maybe set up an answering machine so you won't worry about missing your call. Again, try to relax and take it easy until then. I hope you feel better about this soon.

Misery: you insist that the weight of the world should be on your shoulders. Misery: 'guess there's more to life than what you see, My Friend of Misery.

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks so much:-)

Thread Information