Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lustral sertraline, about to start, scared

Lustral sertraline, about to start, scared

So here I am again! Last August I was prescribed lustral sertraline an was too afraid to take it..

My anxiety is worse than ever, agaraphobia worse than ever, an never felt so depressed before. So, the doctor had just again prescribed me lustral again an thinks I really should consider taking it. My counsellor said to me I really should be on medication as well. So I'm guessing this has to be the way forward..

I'm terrified of it. I have panic attacks after taking paracetamol and have never taken this sort of medication before. I'm ABSOLUTLEY petrified of the side effects and heightened anxiety it can cause. Literally am shaking thinking about it.

I really need some positive stories to inspire me to take it. Iv spent months trawling the Internet reading enough horror stories about this medication.

Also- has anyone got any advice on how to take them? What dosage to start on what time etc.

I'm really trying hard to start these meds once an for all.

Re: Lustral sertraline, about to start, scared

Start on 25mg and slowly up each week. Can I just ask how many positive stories you've read about? I'm sure they outnumber the negatives.

I'm not going to say that there won't be any problems as there could well be, but there's no point judging something that could change your life for the better just before you take it.

I'm on Sertraline at the moment, yes I've had some problems but that could be just my anxiety. Either way it has greatly reduced my panic attacks and allowed me to see things a bit more clearly so if I was you I would give it a go. it's helped me so it can help you

The drugs will make you better not worse they have helped thousands of people on here including me and I was a basket case not long ago

Thankyou both so much.
    Do you have any advice as to what time of day to take them?

Also- I'm going through a period of time where my anxiety is through the roof, have been pretty much bed bound for the last few days! Is this a bad time to start because of the heightened anxiety it can cause?

Take them in the morning, also no, it's the perfect time to start them, I was in the worst state of my anxiety, I would cry all day and stare blankly at walls, then I went on them and didn't experience many side effects that I wasn't experiencing already through normal anxiety.

It will help you, you just have to meet it half way

Thankyou so much for your encouraging words Luna . When you say morning- do you advice taking them first thing? I get up at different times every day, can range from 8-12! Will this effect it?

It's fine, I'm always here to help. I get up between 10-2 most days, I just take them when I have my breakfast and It never seems to effect me

I take mine at 7 every day,they take a while to get into your system and settle down but you will be ok

I really am going to try hard to start them tomorrow. After all I guess I can always come off them!

Any indicators of what I can expect? I know this is different for everyone but just wondering if there's anything you think I should know

Pretend you are taking a multi vit and forget about them,don't count the days either it only makes you focus more on the medication.Try and get out the house and go for a walk to clear your head.Are you having any cbt or counselling ?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information