Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lustral sertraline, about to start, scared

Re: Lustral sertraline, about to start, scared

I'm really struggling at the moment, my agaraphobia has returned with a vengeance, even walking around the house at the moment is a struggle let alone out doors :(

I am having counselling at the moment it was great at first really helped me, got rid of all my agaraphobia and was having good days for once but now Iv gone massively down hill and is not really helping. At the moment I don't even feel I'd be able to go to counselling so have not gone this week

Quote Originally Posted by mgw View Post
    I'm really struggling at the moment, my agaraphobia has returned with a vengeance, even walking around the house at the moment is a struggle let alone out doors :(

I am having counselling at the moment it was great at first really helped me, got rid of all my agaraphobia and was having good days for once but now Iv gone massively down hill and is not really helping. At the moment I don't even feel I'd be able to go to counselling so have not gone this week
    Take one day at a time for now,things will get easier

Thankyou so much mr andy. Tomorrow will be a scary day for me, I am not looking forward to this! Would it be okay if I messaged you tomorrow if it all gets too much? Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by mgw View Post
    Thankyou so much mr andy. Tomorrow will be a scary day for me, I am not looking forward to this! Would it be okay if I messaged you tomorrow if it all gets too much? Thank you again
    Anytime we are all here for you,try and get a good nights sleep

Mgw, this forum and the people on it were (and are) amazing when I started the sertraline. Nothing bad is going to happen to you from taking the tablets. There can be side effects yes, but they do go away. I am nearly through my second week and I don't have the side effects I got at first.

I have severe anxiety and depression, with a crisis team and half the time I don't have a great grip on reality. But the tablets help. They really do. Be strong and lean on us.

Hi Mgw, I also tried hard to go without medication but at one point I told myself I am not going anywhere and getting worst. So like many others here, I took the meds I had kept in my drawer for a while and started taking them and frankly I did not regret. I took sert 2 times. First time I started at 50mg and it was tough on me. Second time I took 25mg for 10 days then 37.5mg for another 10 days and then 50mg and I did not experience some of the side effects I had the first round, only the ups and down but this is normal. The sides effects vary from person to person, some don't have any or very little.
    We are here to help and listen to you if needed. Take care

Thankyou for your kind words.

Been going to take the tablet for two hours now an still haven't.. In a massive state about it :(

just swallow it and forget about it ,one tablet wont do diddly sqaut

Thankyou me andy . Is it too late to start now? Would it be better to start in the morning? I know this is largely me trying to did excuses to put it off...

take it now nothing will happen !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information