Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beating agoraphobia and panic attacks

Re: Beating agoraphobia and panic attacks

Well done

Driving in places i am unfamiliar with............

After 22 years of avoiding driving in places that i don't know, i combatted last saturday.

I went way out of my comfort zone and i have to say that i never even contemplated ever doing this in my life.

I don't think i can put in words how this made me feel, i've never felt such happiness and such freedom.

Next step.............Motorway!

Thank you Diane, i regularly feel that i'll never be able to move about the world freely again and every successtory i read gives me courage to keep going out every day and plugging away. I think my biggest hurdles are impatience and frustation! But reading your story helps quiet those beasts!

Oh and good luck with the motorway! From previous experience (it used to be one of my only phobias) audiobooks and podcasts help.

Currently agoraphobic for roughly 3 years, lost my wife and child in May due to my illness & her not being able to cope with it after I'd given up. Lying in bed at around 4:30am thinking about how my ex has now moved on with someone else & how my life is pretty much over...THEN I come across this little post as I thought I'd have one more to, I rarely visit this site nowadays due to It mainly being negative posts (no offence intended to anyone) but it's nice to see a positive post & someone actually over coming agoraphobia.

Xx

Way to go, Diane. Is it ironic that we share the same name? This is a big encouragement for me. The panic and agoraphobia is all new to me, but I see it can be overcome!

----------
    Just want to be me again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information