Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only Me

Only Me

Hi All,

Am going to keep this post brief for now, as I have already written it once and failed. (My fault:- nothing wrong with the site, I am just a bit IT inept.)

Until 2 weeks ago I would have baulked at the idea of talking to anyone on the web, let alone having the ability to admit there are things in my life which are out of my control. Then all of a sudden I found myself sitting at my desk shaking uncontrollably and in fear of my life. Now I find myself obsessively consulting doctor Google, inspite of the fact that I had not even consulted my own doctor in 3 years.

I have read the experiences of people on here, and hope that what I have just written will make sense to someone else. Otherwise how else do I rationalise going from being a laid back easy going person.. to a nervous wreck overnight!!

Comments or advice always welcomed!! ... Until recently I had no idea what a panic attack was, I now have massive appreciation for anyone who has the mental strength to get through one and move on!!!

Ben
    x

Hi Ben,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here for each other so we don't feel alone.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Ben,you have come to a good place,you will get lots of helpful advise and support here.We all know how you feel.

Ellen XX

Hi Ben and welcome,

be careful with that googling. In just a few months I have had myself convinced that I have every known illness under the sun. Not good for the ole anxiety!

Sean

hi
    welcome we all know how you feel...dont think you are alone ...we all suffer and can all help with bad times..
    I will echo other comments DO NOT GOOGLE...its a terrible thing for panic and anxiety suffers to do..we've all done it and end up feeling 10 times worse for it..My therapist has banned me completely..
    all I can say is get help demand help..its not a sign of madness/weakness etc..it demands the respect of any other illness...and there is a lot of help around
    talk to us any time
    sarah xx

Hey Ben,

I'm just new as of today and I wanted to tell you that you are AMAZING for expressing your thoughts/feelings. Everything you say makes sense.

Keep reaching out. I think we'll learn a lot about ourselves through each other.

Take care,
    Erin

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
    -Dr. Seuss

Hi ben,

First let me say a warm welcome to you. This site will be invaluable to you im sure.
    I didnt realise what a panic attack was until last year when i had a massive one whilst stuck in a traffic jam.
    The amount of times ive been told that you wont die of a panic attack is unbelievable. I know that its a fact but it doesnt make them any less scary.
    Im sure you will get loads of help, advice,support and encouragement from the members of this site.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Hi ben , you are so not alone on here, i,m learning to cope pretty well with my anxiety, do you take any meds? i find that lately all i need is a quick spray of rescure remedy, and leaning to distract myself from the panic . keeping busy helps too. What kind of work do you do, and does this contribute to your anxiety?. Good to have you here take care. lorraine.

Hey Ben

Welcome to this fantastic place. I'm sure by now you wil have realised you are not alone in how you think or how anxious you become.

The help and support in here is top. And most of all, you are never alone.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

hi ben,

welcome to nmp, i too like you had now undertanding or sympathy for people who suffered with panic anxiety or depression until it happened to me and then all of a sudden you understand how horrible it is. i now listen to people with the problems and have more time for people with it as i have suffered it for 2 years now and am still suffering, it will get better, just remember that you are not alone

take care

ruth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information