Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just joined... scared!!

Just joined... scared!!

Hi everyone

I don't even know if i have ptsd .... am ringing for a doctors appointment in the morning (monday) to discuss it

basically ... i was abused by my ex husband. I met him in the september, got pregnant the following january, baby born that october and was separated the following may .... so really it was a fast and furious relationship - this was 4 yrs ago (well, 5 from beginning of relationship - abuse started almost immediately)

i escaped when my son was 6 months old - best thing i ever did... however, recently (or maybe all along and only recently i'm acknowledging it?) ... i've been having VIVID flashbacks of what he did and said ... i could be driving along, watching telly - not even thinking consciously of it and BANG .. there it is - no warning, no nothing

I even cry for really no reason

Thats not normal behaviour is it? ... dont even know if it is ptsd or not ... i am just so confused so signed up here to see if anyone could help ...

(am so sorry for the essay - got a bit carried away!!) well done for getting this far!!

Hi Mum

I was in a violent relationship fromt he age of 16 - 21 during that time i developed health anxiety and agoraphobia.

For years after we left I got on with my life living with what I now know was a mild form of anxiety and panic in comparison and like you started to get flash backs of the things he did.

It is very hard and I know what you are going through but I will say you must get help now. Dont be like me and pretend it will go away with time. Unless you talk about these things honey you will be stuck with it and you dont have to be. You have a right to move forwar and enjoy your life again

Hope things start to improve for you and if you ever need to talk please pm me or msn

sue
    xxxx

scknight

hi
    Mum
    welcome xx
    I too suffer ptsd...its very horrible ..it does sound like you suffer.
    My Dad committed suicide last year and I get all sorts of images popping into my head ...what he looked like..what was going through his mind etc...
    Im finding therapy v. good and it maybe something for you too look at...phoning the Doctors is ssooo brave at least its a positive step you know you need help xxx

thanks for the replies - nice to know there are other people out there that know i'm not insane!!

by the way... my name is rebecca just so you don't have to keep calling me mum (cos thats a bit weird teehee!)

Rebecca

Being insane would be easy, you dont think like others do, therefore your void of real emotion. If we were insane we would probably cope with it because we would know no better

Hugs and dont worry this will get better for you

xxx

scknight

Hi Rebecca,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Rebecca,

A BIg warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.

First Steps:
    First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Thanks for the really great welcome - its always scary venturing in to another forum (or a new one) and wondering what reception you will get!!

Hi rebecca,

Welcome to the site. As you have already found out this site is so good, and the members are so helpful and supportive of one another.
    I hope things start to improve for you.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Hi Mum,and welcome.Dont be scared!!!!!!Everyones great here.

Ellen XX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information