Thread: Dizziness without hyperventilation

Dizziness without hyperventilation

Is it possible to be lightheaded alot without over breathing? Just from nerves alone? I feel like my head is clogged or something is very wrong. I notice this comes on after im really nervous a few days before or have bad anxiety attacks. Im not sure if its my heart or not cause im also getting missed beats.. However i usually dont feel dizzy when i get the missed beats. can anyone help me please. I am really clueless how anxiety can really effect u physically.

anyone?

I had the dizziness for over 2 years non stop. Had to hold on to things to steady myself.

Try this...

Dizziness or light-headedness
    The sensation:
    You feel suddenly light-headed, woozy or dizzy. This is sometimes accompanied by a feeling that you might faint or pass out. It also may feel as though you are walking on a boat, or that the floor seems to move up and down and it's hard to balance. You may also have difficulty placing your feet because your perception of the ground or floor may be wrong. In some cases it may seem that even though you are standing on a firm floor, the floor may be vibrating or moving.
    The reason:
    This symptom has a few variations. Some people may experience a sudden head rush feeling, which goes almost as quickly as it comes. As long as the individual doesn’t react with more fear, the symptom will come and go and will vary in frequency from a number of times per day, to a few times a month.
    Another variation includes a constant state of unbalance, spinning, wooziness, fogginess and so on. Often it is accompanied by a feeling that you may pass out (some people do, however, that’s not common).
    This symptom has a few causes. It could be from a blood sugar imbalance, hyperventilation (not getting enough oxygen) or an inner ear or ear pressure condition.
    This is a common symptom and sometimes an individual can experience both forms, and at different times. I did.
    There are tests available that can accurately identify a blood sugar imbalance, however, most often this isn’t the main cause. Typically, those with anxiety disorder have their blood sugar levels within the safe range when tested. However, long periods without eating may aggravate the condition because blood sugar levels may drop too low because of not eating. It’s important to eat regular wholesome and natural food so that the fluctuations in blood sugar remain in the normal range.
    If you are experiencing this symptom, having medical tests may be beneficial. Certainly, to rule out any other cause.
    If your symptom is a result of hyperventilation, deliberately deep slow breathing will reduce and even eliminate this symptom.
    While deep relaxation will help to diminish and eliminate most symptoms, I’ve personally found that this symptom is one that hangs on the longest, and is the least responsive to immediate counter action. However, a regular deep relaxation routine provided me with results… it just took awhile.
    As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

hi,i have had this most of the year
    that spacey feeling,i get it mostly in the morning time when out and about
    best thing you can do is try to ignore it
    youll have good days and bad im affraid
    best thing ive found is when it starts i read a book or something to take my mind off it
    THIS IS THE WORST SYMPTOM OF ANXIETY i think
    good luck

I feel dizzy whether im breathing not breathing or moving or not moving..happens.. yes anxiety causes it..also can be from inner ear..sinus.. and maybe just stressed nerves..I always found it odd that i would feel that way too..As someone else stated too I think it could be from low blood sugar.. could be anxiety causing your eyes to play tricks on you . mulitiude of reasons.. all anxiety and think that most of us on here experience this.

Thank you for your responses. Im thinking it might be anxiety related cause the constant dizziness and feeling like im going to die has come after an episode where i got really nervous about ectopic beats. When i got those beats i didnt feel dizzy or anything. it was the days afterwards.. I have no idea anymore really. I got blood work done, an ekg and a holter monitor and still baffled.

The only thing is my left ear makes alot of cracking noises.. When i turn my head, talk , or eat its always cracking like crazy. Sounds like wax, however, I can hear fine out of it. No pain. weird. thank you everyone.

Thread Information