Thread: Trying to cope!

Trying to cope!

Hello everyone. I don't post much just try to read everyone's advise and such. I do have all the symptoms of Heath anxiety but also really bad burning in my chest. Heartburn. I cannot shake. I take Nexium and tums and have a consult with a digestion Dr. At the end of March. I try the distraction and breathing I have read here but I can't seem to break the cycle. Any advice ? Thanks

Re: Trying to cope!

Hello I've had bought a with heart burn it's terrible. It's good you are going to the doctor. Stress definitely makes it worse. Although it's uncomfortable it's nothing dangerous. The doctor will help you find the right medication to help you. Feel better

Re: Trying to cope!

You are doing the right things, trying is far better than not.

Why not try Mindfulness meditation which is better than some of the relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation, calming technique, etc. It does take some getting into but you will adapt to it easier with doing the other exercises first.

Aside from the anxiety side, it could be something that can be dealt with in a practical manner so it's good you are seeing a doctor about it. My dad had heartburn for ages and eventually he developed hiccups he couldn't shake but it turned out to be a completely treatable condition. With a few days, he was fine and just has to stay on tablets for it.

It could even be a dietary thing which again the doctor can give advice on to help you reduce or get rid of it.

Thread Information