Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FORUM........

CRAFT FORUM........

HI everyone, does anyone fancy a craft forum ?
    My crafts are the only thing that keeps me sane, they are great for distracting your attention from anxiety related illness.

Do you make things that you want to tell us about ?
    or
    Would you like to make things but dont know how ?

Hopefully this can be a place where we can share information [Yeah!]

mirryx

I have been knitting the fluffy handbags lately for xmas presents,

basically , you knit with a chunky wool and a fluffy wool together.
    Its ever so easy, you just knit a length then fold in half and sow up the sides. Then you get some black cotton material to make the inside lining.
    I sew this around the handles (which i buy from my local wool shop).

You can pick up the fluffy wool from £1 shops, sometimes 2 for a £1

then when finished I make a handbag charm to match !

My friend has also been making them with matching scarfs.

mirryx

Mirry I'm up for this.

A couple of years ago all my friends got fluffy scarves from me - I knitted them out of funky fur wool in just plain stitch.

I also made clocks one year too out of mdf - you just buy the clock hands and mechanisim and a hole needs to be drilled to put the shaft of the mechanism through and then the voila!! The possibilities are endless!!! I did heart shapes, flower shapes etc etc - my neighbour just cut out the shapes for me with his jigsaw bless him and then I painted on the design.

For an older audience I kept to a simple shape but then pasted on handmade paper which had lots of texture and painted it white - I didn't put any numbers on this one keeping it minimal and modern.

Love Piglet xxx

yes im up for this i have been doing cross stitch for about 3 years now its great for anxiety count me in[Yeah!]

piglet , the clocks sound fab, what a great idea, did they stand up on their own or did they have to be hung up ? You got my imagination all fired up ,lol.

Susie, my mother in law has just started taking up cross stitch, shes doing little cards at the moment for xmas, they are so effective arnt they....do you put little beads into your designs ? and what sort of things do you make ? I love the old fashioned cusion covers done in cross stitch.

My daughters doing a homework project making a paper mache head for a egyption jar, Ive never done paper mache before so got the instructions online, its been great fun cos so far weve only done the first 3 layers of the head (think I enjoy it more than she does lol).

mirryx

Firstly Susie cross stitch - love it!!! I like big things ([:I]) so I use a wool in bold colours and do some simple designs to make things like cushions out of. I also like the plastic canvas you can get cos then you can sew simple squares together and make a box - the kids keep jewellery and odds and sods in some.

The clocks Mirry were fun - most of them were to be wall hung (the plastic mechanism usually has a hook in its design so that's quite easy! I did however make one for me that I did in a triangle shape and attached to a base so it could be freestanding.

I then painted it and traced round a saucer to get a circle for the clock face (within the triangle shape) painted it all in the colours I like and handpainted the numbers in (you can buy numbers in transfer form from craftshops to use if you prefer or use a stencil) and then I used a brown wax over the whole thing to make it look a bit aged.

I'm beginning to think rug making looks like fun since I got a little kit for one of the piglets last year. Except that I would prefer to do my own design with it.

Sooooo many hobbies to explore people!!!!!!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi there ,i do mostly big projects the more detail the better ,ive just finished a picture of my labrador and now im doing a piece by lavander and lace .it really takes my mind of things love suexx

rug making looks fun, my friend has done a winnie poo rug before,years ago.

You could check out the local librarys cos alot of them have started selling crafts, they take 20% of your takings.
    I sell my stuff in my local library, they have all sorts in there..
    one man is selling art paintings (they are terrible) sure my 8 year old could do better.

My husband is into photography, hes started selling his photos framed of local areas, castles etc.....its seems to be a hit (only been 2 weeks).

Ive got 4 craft fairs to atten before xmas , i always feel nervous but I love it, makes me feel proud

mirryx

Oh there's nothing like creating something and what a kick it is when people really like them.

So satisfying and rewarding isn't it.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi mirry, great post, crafts are such a good way to distract yourself from your worries.

I love going shopping just to get ideas for things i can make - my favourite phrase when out shopping is 'you could make that yourself for next to nothing!' yes, i combine my love of making stuff with my tightwaddedness!

i'm making xmas presents at the moment. for my friend's little boy ive made a magic money box (the money disappears when you post it in - i got the idea from art attack) decorated with beano comics. im also making some stationery - the lovely lady at the decorating shop gave me loads of sample wallpapers, they are fab designs - all dramatic and black and white etc. im going to use some of them to cover notebooks - anyone got any ideas for what else i could do with them? (i'm already gonna nick your clock idea piglet ).

ooh, and also im having a flocking frenzy at the moment ([:I][:I][^]). you know that sticky back plastic that has that soft flock stuff on it (?????), ive been cutting out designs to make a flocked wallpaper effect on tea light holders, notebooks etc. that probably makes no sense to anyone does it?[:P]

ive also had a go at making my own stencils from photos, so i can paint designs using pictures of the kids etc. which is nice for presents.

sorry to do such a long post - i am a complete craft nerd [:I][^]. ive got millions of links to various craft sites, just pm me if you're interested.

i would love to see stuff you guys have made, do you have pictures posted anywhere?

mag

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information